Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

OntarioRam with a nice game review…

September 20, 2021 05:53PM
Here’s OntarioRam…

Great win! The Colts are a very good team. Beating them on the road, in their house, in the 1PM timeslot, after you knnew they would come out flying after being kicked around by Seattle... is no small feat.

Still too early to judge the defence. I think it will continue to improve. Jury is out. We seem to be missing on a lot of sacks lately. If those hit, I suspect we'd have a lot less complaints. I would like to see the CBs giving less cushion. Garrett's return will give us some much needed depth.

Cooper Kupp is incredible. If teams are not double-teaming him yet, they will soon. Woods and Jefferson better be ready to step up. And Kupp better stay healthy for the playoffs this year. I would not say he is injury prone, per se, but rather his injuries always seem to occur at or near the post-season...

Stafford is as talented at going through his progressions as any QB I have ever seen. This is invaluable. Goff would often rely on Kupp too much, lock onto him, and force it. It was predictable, leading to several hurtful incomplete passes and turnovers. Stafford looks Kupp's way a lot too. But unlike Goff, often times, when Stafford hits Kupp, it was after he went through all of his progressions first.... and Kupp was actually the 3rd look, but by chance was the only man to win on his route.

Despite the above, I would like to see a bit more variety in our offensive attack. Higbee should be more involved. A threat at TE will keep teams even more honest, and mitigate the passing attack being neutered by simply keying on Cooper.

Sony Michel looked great. I said it another thread. I think he fits this offence better than Henderson, and considering what the Rams gave up for him, I suspect McVay always had a big role in mind for Michel but was playing it coy. I suspect he Sony will ultimately takeover the "starting" role too, but realistically, aside from random weeks where the Rams ride a hot hand, I expect carries to be split relatively equally going forward without any clear lead back, assuming Henderson is not out too long. Henderson is a talented back but not a starter. He's best used on a platoon or as a change of pace, given his fragility, and even his running style.

Special teams need some serious work. Another opening game kickoff went for a big return. The botch snap hitting Nick Scott was a travesty. We blamed the ST coach last year, but the problem persists. Players at the bottom of the roster need to step up because those roles are far more easily churned.

AD is a monster.

It will be a really interesting game against Tampa Bay. This defence has yet to hit its stride. That worries me. On the other hand, even Atlanta was right in it for much of last Sunday, and they appear to be a tire fire. The Bucs have yet to face stiff competition so it's hard to get a feel for this contest.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

OntarioRam with a nice game review…

Rams43251September 20, 2021 05:53PM