Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

PFF: Defensive Regression and Offensive Question Marks: Why to be skeptical about the LA Rams in 2021

September 06, 2021 07:38AM
PFF: Defensive Regression and Offensive Question Marks: Why to be skeptical about the Los Angeles Rams in 2021
via Pro Football Focus

This is an interesting piece. Not reposting the whole article so you can see the charts referred to in the link. Questions exist for sure. Though overall I think it's a fairly negative viewpoint and also doesn't address special teams.

But one thing I took notice of were the regressions from previous #1 defenses- JAX to 5th in 2018, the Bears to 7th in 2019. I'd leave out the Patriots in 2020 given how weird that year was and the number of opt-outs they had on defense. Anyway, I agree the Rams defense likely regresses somewhat ("the median result for the Rams' defensive is ranking eighth next season") but if they can remain top 7-8 while the offense returns to top-10 and if the special teams can return from bottom 3 to even the top half of the league then this should actually be a better team overall.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2021 07:38AM by LMU93.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

PFF: Defensive Regression and Offensive Question Marks: Why to be skeptical about the LA Rams in 2021

LMU93240September 06, 2021 07:38AM

Yeah it's a virtual certainty

merlin142September 07, 2021 09:16AM