Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Day 2 camp report by bubbaramfan…

July 29, 2021 07:52PM
Here’s bubbaramfan…

Day 2 VFR and I had our ritual beer while waiting for practice to start. Another huge crowd and we picked the south stands at the 45 yd line hoping we'd get 11 on 11 in front of us. (we did,, yeah!)

Got another voice recorder that actually works, so this report will be as practice progressed I'll go item by item.

Defensive in front of us, doing warmups, stretching, sprints, DB's back peddling swinging hips back and forth.

Other position groups doing pretty much the same. for 15-20 min. then into drills with a lot of coaching. Today the first half of TC was mostly coaching for a pos groups.

Same group as yesterday practicing fielding punts on north field so could tell how they did. I did see Otis Anderson bobble one of his.

Next had DB's and LB's. Drilled coming out of 3point stance with DB in their face and try and grab a rag from a trainer. I don't get the point of the drill but maybe one of you do.

Saw Jacob Harris on the sideline was suited up and playing toss with Hekker. Methinks he's close to seeing the field.

Next drill had DB's, LB"s and TE"S coming out of 3 pt and trying to knock a soccar ball out of trainers hands.

DL group came and drilled on stripping ball from a trainer, that was fun, Donald and AShawn trying to outdo each other.

Same drill with LB's. Trainer throwing ball at them as they come out of 3pt stance, they're supposed to catch it, most didn't. Jones caught 2.

LB drill where two square off at each other, coach says "Go" one try to get by the other,

On the far field We could see QB's throwing deep passes to WR's with no DB's covering. looked like lots of completions (as there should be)

Next Coach and trainers had DB's going deep for balls. I really liked this drill and first time I've seen it in practice. DB's should be proficient in catching the football, after all once it leaves the QB's hand it belongs to whoever can catch it.

So far TC has been all about warm-ups, various drills with alot of coaching and standing around.

4;30 and a small break with everyone coming over to our side for scrimmage.

I know a lot of you, like myself, want to know who's playing where. I paid a lot of attention to get this right. Not a lot of changes from yesterday. Demby playing RT with the twos the biggest difference.

Offense ones- Whit lt, Edwards lg, Corbett C, Evans rg, Havenstien rt. Stafford QB, Kupp, WR, Woods WR, DeSean Jackson WR, Jefferson WR, Henderson RB, TE Higbee (All these only played with the first team) , the rest of the TE's played first and 2nd team. Funk, Calais, Jones took snaps with ones and twos, Tristen Jackson, Skowronik, Koski took snaps at WR with ones and twos. 2nd team O- Noteboom lt, Brewer lg, Allen C, Shelton rg, Demby rt. Wolford QB. Lots of subs played at WR and RB, TE.
Defense ones-Floyd DE, SJoDay DT, AD DT, ASshawn Rob DT, Hollins DE, Floyd DE. Young and Kiser ILB, Williams and Ramsey DB, Long, Burgess, slot, Rapp S, Fuller FS (green dot) I did see Donte Deayon with the ones at DB and slot for a few plays. Deayon did make a deflecton of a Stafford pass to Jefferson. Nice play. Defense twos- Lewis DE, Bobby Brown III DT, Gaines DT, Copeland DT, Jones ILB, Reeder ILB, OBO OLB, Howard OLB ILB, Rochell DB, Daeyon DB, slot, Bronte Harris DB, Burgess S, Scott FS, Gervase S.

They did a lot of switching around and subbing with the second teams, I guess in order to get a look at all the players. Some players on the roster got very little playing time. That may change so I won't name names, I'll give it another day or two.

Finally getting to see some scrimmage. here's several plays

Kupp and a jet sweep
Wolford to Tristen jackson Deayon with a deflection
Bryce Hopkins with a catch from Wolford
Stafford overthrows Kupp, Long covering
Wolford to ?, Kareem Orr got a hand on it, nice breakup
Stafford to Kupp over the middle, nice pass and catch, gonna be hard to defend that it happened so quick
Funk up the middle (with ones)
D Jack in slot, Tr Jack outside WR, DJack nice grab over the middle for 15. How about that. DSean jackson lining up in the slot and going over the middle! We gonna see that in real games?
Funk up the middle again with twos (Anchrum in for Demby at RT)
Hendo run right side for a few
Stafford incomplete to Jefferson
XJones run left side
Stafford quick out to Woods
Kupp good catch on sideline
Jefferson with another good catch

Near the end of practice they ran a few plays Ones vs Ones.

First play Stafford to Kupp over the middle for 10
Stafford to Woods left sideline for7
Hendo run right for no gain
Funk lines up in slot, Wood outside, Higbee as other wideout, Stafford to Higbee over middle for 8 or 10
Stafford to Jefferson with Rochell with a nice breakup

That all I've got 4 today's practice. A quiet day as for a practices go. Mostly drills and coaching the first hour and ahalf
11 on 11 was very vanilla, no big plays.

Stafford and the first string WR's are getting locked in. I haven't seen such good timing this early in TC.

Funk, Tristen Jackson, SeSean Jackson, Donte Daeyon were my standouts for today. Rb's all looked good. Lewis looked good, shows no sign of past injury. Corbett and Stafford look solid on their exchanges, under center and shotgun.

Pads come on Saturday. Then we can tell where the OL and DL are.

I know some of you like details, hence the play by play. Hope it was worth the wait.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Day 2 camp report by bubbaramfan…

Rams43390July 29, 2021 07:52PM