Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Camp report from VeteranRamFan…

July 29, 2021 09:26AM
Here’s VeteranRamFan…

FIRST CAMP REPORT!

It was great to see all the fans there. Had to be 1,000 strong. Big crowd! Meeting up again with my old buddy Sam ( @bubbaramfan ) and Andy ( @theduke ) was a treat in itself!

I'll do a quick summary here and then start editing all the pics I took.

Let me tell you all something...WE HAVE A TEAM! These guys look like they could start playing this Sunday! They were sharp on both sides of the ball even though they were all in shorts and shells with helmets! @Merlin , remember when we met at camp a few years back and you said this was the best Rams team you had seen in awhile? You can say that again. My wife is laughing at me for how excited I am after just one practice. She says I say the same thing every year. But this year I really mean it!

QB1 - Stafford is really something to watch. Quick release, throws with determination and anticipation. The way he was throwing it around in all the various drills and hitting his receivers 99.9% of the time makes me think these guys have been doing a little side work. I think there was only one ball that fell short on an out route. All others were in a place where the receiver could make the catch.

RB - Funk is for real. A real steal in the draft. Don't now the exact count but it seemed he was in on a lot of the 1's plays. Not always getting the ball but still in the mix. He is quick and I can't wait to see him in pads as I'm sure he will pop some of our linebackers.

WR - It was already posted about D. Jackson wide open catch from Stafford for a TD. On that play, there was a fake handoff to Funk. I stayed with Funk with my camera and watched him go out in the flat to the left while everyone else was rolling right. Then I heard the crowd. Put down the camera and Jackson is coming towards the end zone where we were sitting, running a deep post. Beautiful throw by Stafford. @theduke made a comment that we in the stands were closer to guarding Jackson than anyone on the defense! There was no one close to him for 20-30 yards! Wish I could have seen it all unfold.

Other WR - The usual from Kupp and Woods. Ramsey had a great breakup on Woods on the right sideline on a go route (this was during passing drills, one on one). Ramsey actually intercepted (stole it from Woods) but came down out of bounds according the ref on the field. #84, Landon Akers fielding punts. Good hands! Good size. Good PS candidate.

Long Snapper - Wirtel was getting some work during FG trys as was Orzech. It seemed IIRC that Orzech was with the 1's with Hecker holding and Gay kicking. (that's for you @den-the-coach ).

DEF - That guy Rochelle? He's a keeper. Playing everyone tight. I think it was Burgess who had an interception on Wolford (Wolford didn't look too bad either!).

That's all I can recall from memory. On to my pictures and maybe I'll be able to add a thing or two. @bubbaramfan will be posting his report later tonight.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Camp report from VeteranRamFan…

Rams43294July 29, 2021 09:26AM