Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Draft dudes podcast: notes on the nfc west

May 06, 2021 02:47PM
(by the way, my favorite podcast. I think they know talent more than anyone else I listen to)

Arizona:

Consensus is the Cardinals winning trying to attack specific needs but they felt they addressed them in the wrong order. Their big takeaways from the Cardinals draft is that Collins was a bit of a reach at 16, they're unsure how more will work in the Cardinals offense, and the Cardinals came out of this draft without having a good number two corner on their entire roster.

LA Rams:
They looked at all of our picks as reaches in one way or another, But they do explain it. They say that at well went double what they expected him to go but they see that the Rams are trying to add as much dynamite to the roster as possible, mentioning Jacob Harris as a guy to watch because they find him intriguing. They add that The Rams do a really good job of getting high production out of lower draft picks. "This trap is not a surprise. The Rams shape their draft board different than almost anyone in the NFL so to find out that the Rams made the pics that they did is not surprising. Then they added "while Sean McVay has never had a bad season so it's kind of hard to criticize him on shaping his roster".

Seahawks:
Say that the Seahawks did get two top 100 players on their board which is very good for only having three picks. "Which is two more top 100 players than we gave the Rams". They thought the eskridge selection was a little high but they can see what the Seahawks are trying to do with him. Stone Forsythe (one of my faves) was a really good pic for them and they said that they can see him starting this year.

San Francisco:

Sounds like the 49ers are going to have a really diverse offense. Apparently their guard and running back selections are straight physical monsters. "I look up and down this draft board and I see the vision and I like it quite a bit". We better be really ready for the 49ers run game next year. They said that the 49ers were starting to get kind of predictable with their wide zone rushing offense (Is Sean McVay listening to that?) And that they're going to run a lot of different concepts from their run game. They really like Ambry Thomas as a nickel corner too. Sounds like the Niners kind of nailed it from their perspective.

Edit: they're ranking the drafts in the NFC west

San Francisco: far and away the best of the division "But they don't blow the other three out of the water either because this is a long-term class" in their opinion

They gave everyone else a three way tie for last lmao but they put us at last but they said 2,3, and 4 you can flip a coin.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/2021 02:53PM by Ram_Ruler.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Draft dudes podcast: notes on the nfc west

Ram_Ruler364May 06, 2021 02:47PM