Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

DeSean Jackson feels ‘100% healthy’ after recent injury troubles...

March 29, 2021 07:54AM
DeSean Jackson feels '100% healthy' after recent injury troubles

[theramswire.usatoday.com]

Cameron DaSilva

DeSean Jackson hasn’t played a full 16-game season since 2013 and has only done so twice in his career. Injuries have plagued him in recent years, causing him to miss 24 games in the last two seasons.

The Los Angeles Rams are betting that he’ll be able to stay healthy after giving him a one-year deal worth $4.5 million to be their explosive deep threat at wide receiver. With one of the best training staffs and being among the healthiest teams in the NFL, the Rams have the resources to hopefully keep Jackson on the field.

After fracturing his ankle in October and missing the rest of the 2020 season, Jackson is feeling good. Though he says he’s 100% healthy, he’s still rehabbing his ankle and taking it slow, which is smart at this point in the offseason.

“Unfortunately, the past few seasons I’ve dealt with some injuries, but as far as right now, I’m feeling great,” he told reporters last week. “I’m feeling that I’m 100 percent healthy. The rehab process has been going very well. Especially good to be back home to use some of the greatest trainers I have here to take advantage of that. So, it’s still at the point where we’re in March, I haven’t hit the ground running crazy yet. Just kind of easing my way back into it, but the process has been great. The support has been great.”

Durability is the biggest concern with Jackson. If he can stay healthy and play even half of the team’s offensive snaps, he’ll be a worthwhile addition because his speed is still very much a factor.

The hope is that he can open things up underneath for Robert Woods and Cooper Kupp by drawing attention his way when running deeper routes, something the Rams rarely did last season.

Jackson will try to help the Rams’ younger receivers in other ways, too, by giving them advice and teaching them what he’s learned in his 13 years as a pro.

“For me, it’s a very exciting thing to look forward to because where I’m at in my career, just the knowledge and what I’ve learned so far, I’m able to kind of give back to these young guys, like Cooper, Rob (Woods), with their success and where they’re at in their career,” he said. “For me, I’m just glad to be an addition and add anything I can to help them better their games or probably things I’ve seen or witnessed in my career, maybe kind of just give back to them as well, too. So, it’s a building, I’m a sponge, as well. I’m coming in ready to learn and ready to teach as well too. So, I’m just looking forward to the camaraderie, just building the upbringing as far as just kind of wanting to create what I know they’ve been doing here in L.A., which is win. I’m just kind of happy to be an addition to that.”
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

DeSean Jackson feels ‘100% healthy’ after recent injury troubles...

Rams43323March 29, 2021 07:54AM

Reggie Scott project...

LMU93177March 30, 2021 04:46AM