Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

DeSean Jackson on Matthew Stafford: ‘His arm is out of this world’.

March 27, 2021 07:40AM
DeSean Jackson on Matthew Stafford: 'His arm is out of this world'

[theramswire.usatoday.com]

Cameron DaSilva

DeSean Jackson has played with a bunch of quarterback who possess strong arms. From Donovan McNabb to Michael Vick to Jameis Winston and Carson Wentz, Jackson has had his share of quality quarterback play.

He’ll pair with a new signal caller in 2021, though, as he and Matthew Stafford will team up with the Rams. And from what Jackson has seen of Stafford’s game, he couldn’t be happier to be catching passes from the veteran quarterback.

Stafford is one of the best deep passers in football, while Jackson is a premier deep threat when healthy. His speed is still very much a factor on the field, whether he’s drawing safeties to his side of the field or beating cornerbacks over the top.

Jackson can’t wait to get started with Stafford, whether it’s this spring or summer, depending on the NFL’s approach to offseason workout programs.

“For me, I couldn’t ask for a better situation to have a quarterback. And the timing is perfect because they’d just got the trade done before I came and they signed me, so it was perfect timing. It’s going to be special,” he said Friday. “When we were talking, we were like we can’t wait to get out there and start working together. We don’t know how the offseason is going to play out, but we’re definitely going to get together and work. That dude, man, he’s a beast. His arm is out the world. So, I’m excited too. I’m going to say, ‘I’m going to run far, you just throw it far’ and hopefully we can beat everybody.”

Jackson said Stafford got his number from Sean McVay after the trade happened and contacted him. The two have chatted since both became Rams and Jackson is looking forward to getting on the field with his new quarterback.

“So, when I first signed, Matthew got my number from McVay and he sent me a text, so very excited to get with him, man,” he said. “He’s got a lot of respect and has accomplished a lot of great things in the NFL, so I can’t wait to get with a quarterback like him. I’m interested to see how that’s going to work out.”
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

DeSean Jackson on Matthew Stafford: ‘His arm is out of this world’.

Rams43241March 27, 2021 07:40AM