Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

LA Rams 2021 seven round mock draft: Post FA...

March 22, 2021 12:51PM
Los Angeles Rams Seven-Round 2021 Mock Draft: Post Free Agency

By Blaine Grisak of DowntownRams

Los Angeles Rams

The Los Angeles Rams haven’t been entirely active when it comes to free agency. However, with the re-signings of Leonard Floyd and Darious Williams as well as the addition of DeSean Jackson, draft plans have changed. The need for an edge rusher and receiver with the team’s first two picks is not as dire. Let’s take a look at an updated mock draft:

57th Overall – OC Quinn Meinerz, OC Wisconsin-Whitewater

This might be a slight reach, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see the Los Angeles Rams trade back and take Meinerz. They’ve met with the DIII prospect not once, but twice. They clearly like what they see and the need is there. Even if they do bring back Blythe, I like them to draft Meinerz who brings a toughness that the Rams offensive line has been lacking.

88th Overall – LB Jamin Davis, Kentucky

Jamin Davis might be the linebacker that the Rams need. He has the length that the Rams like in their defensive players, giving him the edge in coverage. If the Rams can get tap Davis’ potential, they could end up with a special player in the middle of their defense.

103rd Overall – CB Tyson Campbell, Georgia

The Rams simply need depth at cornerback. Jalen Ramsey and Darious Williams are a solid duo, but behind them, David Long is the only depth and he remains unproven. Campbell would give the Rams solid depth if the team doesn’t like what they have in Long. He’s a physical cornerback that shows a strong ability to tackle. He ran a 4.37 at his pro day, making him an intriguing option.

141st Overall – WR Dazz Newsome, North Carolina

The Rams signed DeSean Jackson, but it still wouldn’t be surprising for them to draft someone on day three. Newsome provides that speed element and could learn behind Jackson for a year before taking over snaps in 2022. The North Carolina wide receiver has been overshadowed slightly by his teammate Dyami Brown, but he’s still a very good player.

209th Overall – S Paris Ford, Pitt

Wouldn’t it be crazy if the Rams ended up with two solid safeties late on day three in back-to-back years? Well, drafting Ford gives them potential for that. He’s inconsistent, but physical and very athletic. He could be a difference maker on special teams before eventually moving into a role on defense.

252nd Overall – RB Gerrid Doaks, Cincinnati

The Rams don’t necessarily have a need for running back with the guys that they have on the roster. However, with the loss of Malcolm Brown in free agency, they are missing that bruiser back that can pick up short-yardage gains. Doaks is a big back that does just that and he’s also not a bad pass-catcher. This is the Rams’ replacement for Brown.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

LA Rams 2021 seven round mock draft: Post FA...

Rams43717March 22, 2021 12:51PM

I love the Quin Meinerez pick

Stafford9193March 23, 2021 03:11AM

I would take that draft in a heartbeat

den-the-coach256March 23, 2021 05:18AM

I think CB is our 2nd round pick....

SunTzu_vs_Camus223March 23, 2021 06:54AM

Re: LA Rams 2021 seven round mock draft: Post FA...

dzrams219March 23, 2021 06:59AM