Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Here’s my updated list of Rams offseason needs and their probable solution source...

March 15, 2021 08:39AM
I’m even trying to list them in order of priority, more or less.

Center- gotta be FA, don’t you think? At least a 1 year placeholder while they draft a C (hopefully Meinerz). Myself, I’d shoot for the stars with Linsley with a creative 5 year contract. Center problem totally solved for 5 wonderful years (like Whitworth solved our LOT problem for 5 wonderful, although expensive, years).

Edge- At least one Edge must be a FA vet, don’t you think? The next hungry guy in the Fowler/Floyd series that wants to enhance his resume while playing with AD. Extending Floyd might be a baseless rumor, so I’m certainly not counting on that, but there are many others that could come in and really help.

Edge- Yes, a 2nd Edge is needed since our current bench cannot be counted upon, really. This one should be a pick, though. An early one, at that.

LOT- A draft pick only. As early as our 57 if one falls there. If not, then when he meets the BPA criteria. LOT could become a screaming need as early as next year, sooooo...

Those are my biggest ‘needs’ currently and receive the very highest priorities.

But wait, there are more needs. Lol. Just not quite as high of a priority, IMO.

ILB. Yeah, Rams can make do with Howard and one other, but wouldn’t it be nice if an affordable FA fell into our lap, or later in the draft? I’m guessing that the Rams and particularly Morris are on the lookout for an affordable gem to pair with Howard inside. Call it a hunch. Not exactly a ‘need’, but kinda.

‘Vertical WR’. Many others think this is a higher priority than I do. I’m of the opinion that we are at least 3 deep with quality WR’s that can get open and Stafford will find and hit them just fine. But it sounds like Snead is interested in adding a vertical WR, so what do I know? If he does, I sure hope it’s a pick rather than an expensive FA.

TE just might be a bit of a need, depending on how Rams really feel about Hopkins’ future. I mean, Hopkins didn’t exactly blow the doors off, did he? And Everett is surely a goner.

CB is not a real need at present, but could be by next year. So Snead is almost certain to use a later pick on someone they like for their 17th consecutive secondary gem. Lol.

Beyond the above, I see Snead building for depth now and simultaneously for future needs, just as he’s been doing for several years. BPA for future needs has been a very successful formula, indeed.

To recap. I consider a C and Edge as ‘must haves’. A 2nd Edge is borderline must have, IMO. All others are relatively strong wants of varying degrees. If Rams can bring home a strong C and one Edge I will consider this a very good start to a possibly strong offseason.

Your thoughts?
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Here’s my updated list of Rams offseason needs and their probable solution source...

Rams43203March 15, 2021 08:39AM