Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The draft dudes podcast did a free agency primer.

March 13, 2021 09:10AM
If any of you guys are having trouble getting your football fix, draft dudes always gets me through the offseason by talking about draft prospects but they also do some free agency stuff. Disclaimer, they know a lot more about the draft and they do about cap situations and etc. But they did do a discussion about every single position and their free agency class this year. They had a few tidbits:

this is an awful year to need a tackling free agency. It's just really bare there but the draft has a bunch of them. I almost feel like we shouldn't leave this draft without at least getting one developmental tackle prospect.

they think that there are about eight starting centers and free agency along with the draft being deep with free agents. They did mention Blythe as a serviceable starter.

they talked about edge as being the deepest class in terms of getting bang for your buck in free agency. There are a lot of Leonard Floyd types in the edge class. Carl Lawson was one of the many intriguing names that they brought up. I'm kind of liking him now that I've looked into him.

They say that, unless you're a team that stays in base, you really don't need inside linebackers the way you used to. They say that you only need one or two serviceable guys. And they said that almost nobody stays in base anymore. I wonder if that's why McVay and Snead never prioritize ILB.

That's all for now. It's a great podcast. Worth a listen.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2021 09:29AM by Ram_Ruler.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

The draft dudes podcast did a free agency primer.

Ram_Ruler418March 13, 2021 09:10AM

LT

merlin220March 13, 2021 09:19AM

Yeah there's just so many good left tackle prospects in this draft

Ram_Ruler203March 13, 2021 06:47PM

Have to think Walker Little is strongly considered

BigGame81364March 14, 2021 09:45AM

Re: Have to think Walker Little is strongly considered

Killrazor126March 14, 2021 11:57PM

Hasn't played in two years

Ram_Ruler142March 15, 2021 01:27AM