Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I think Snead/McVay have at least a 2 pronged offseason O plan...

February 28, 2021 10:08AM
The first bombshell was obvious when they traded away Goff for Stafford. We’ve all talked that one half to death. But if we ask ourselves why they made such a drastic move it always comes back to probably McVay became convinced that an upgrade from Goff was necessary IF McVay wanted to be able to unleash his full O arsenal and maximize his creativity. That’s an oversimplification but I do think it’s generally accurate.

Which brings us to the other fundamental offseason O renovation. One not quite so obvious. Namely, the new OL blocking style that McVay has concluded is necessary to maximize Stafford’s effectiveness. IOW, bringing in Stafford was only half the job in retooling this formerly great Ram O.

Think about it. A highly respected OL coach was politely shown the door rather late after season end. Very unusual. What to conclude but that there was a failure to be on the same page philosophically with McVay’s vision for the ‘21 season? I think it’s likely that new blocking schemes are in store and I suspect that new faces will be seen as starters on OL this year. The new OL will be different and it will fit more hand in glove with both Stafford and with McVay’s goals on O.

So there we have it, a Snead/McVay double barreled offseason strategy to turbocharge this Ram O. Either one, alone, would not be sufficient to achieve Ram goals in this SB window. But in combination? Could well become a lethal upgrade needed for this current rather mediocre O.

Thoughts?
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

I think Snead/McVay have at least a 2 pronged offseason O plan...

Rams43437February 28, 2021 10:08AM

Re: I think Snead/McVay have at least a 2 pronged offseason O plan...

Ekern55158February 28, 2021 05:12PM

Rams43132February 28, 2021 05:29PM

Ekern55113February 28, 2021 06:03PM

Rams43121February 28, 2021 06:48PM

dzrams127February 28, 2021 07:07PM