Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Former Lions player on Matt Stafford: ‘I really think he wins a SB now’...

February 08, 2021 06:36PM
Former Lions player on Matthew Stafford: ‘I really think he wins a Super Bowl now’

By Blaine Grisak of DowntownRams

Los Angeles Rams

The Los Angeles Rams have a new quarterback this offseason in Matthew Stafford. The former Detroit Lions quarterback was traded to the Rams last week in the hopes of bringing a championship to Los Angeles. A former Lions player that requested to remain anonymous reached out to Downtown Rams over the weekend and gave his thoughts on the trade and what type of player Stafford is:

“He’s the smartest football player I’ve ever been around. I’m happy he’s out of there. He’s a top-5 QQ in the NFL. Detroit was a mess and he was the only thing keeping them afloat. I really think he wins a super bowl now.”

This sort of goes in line with what fans and analysts alike think of Stafford. Having Stafford is going to be like having another coach on the offense for Sean McVay. McVay is going to be able to open up the offense and simply do things that he wasn’t able to do with Jared Goff.

Matthew Stafford is one of only a handful of quarterbacks to reach 5,000 yards in a season. With a quarterback of the talent of Stafford, it is curious to wonder what the narrative around him would be had he not spent the first 12 years of his career in Detroit.

The Lions seemed to be heading on the right track with Jim Caldwell. However, they fired him for Matt Patricia who created a toxic environment in Detroit. This season, the Lions won just five games. However, in four of those games, Stafford led game winning drives. It’s very possible that the Lions were a one win team without Stafford.

The Rams traded for Stafford in hopes that he would get them over the top. Los Angeles held the No. 1 defense last season and still were fighting for a playoff spot on the last day of the regular season. A lot of that was because of inept quarterback play in losses to the Dolphins, 49ers, and Jets. With wins against those teams, the Rams are an top-2 seed in the NFC and don’t matchup with Green Bay in the Divisional Round.

Matthew Stafford hopes to be the difference for the Rams as they go championship or bust over the next three years.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Former Lions player on Matt Stafford: ‘I really think he wins a SB now’...

Rams43369February 08, 2021 06:36PM

Re: Music to my ears 43......

oldschoolramfan145February 09, 2021 05:36AM

former Lions player expresses this anonymously?

21Dog147February 09, 2021 05:46AM