Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

It all comes down to - Who do you trust?

February 01, 2021 10:48AM
For me, and I was a Goff fan for a while - I trust McVay / Snead. I've spent years watching this franchise founder with no direction, poor coaching hires, bad drafts, horrible on-field performance and on and on. To me McVay is a ray of sunshine in dark times. 3 playoff appearances in 4 years. For a team that was a dumpster fire for over a decade. A complete overhaul in culture. Is he cocky, arrogant - yes. What head coach isn't? Is he a boy genius like the media made him out to be in 2018? No. He doesn't have to be and what does that even mean? He is a very bright young coach with a promising future who players obviously want to play for - see Jalen Ramsey, Stafford, etc. Is he impersonal some time? Sure. Maybe he's on the spectrum. He has a photographic memory and his deep dive into all things football and stats certainly have the hallmarks of some form of aspergers (but I'm no psychologist, just a guess). A look around the league will show you how much respect his staff had - how many have been hired away in the last 4 years? That is the hallmark of a good coach.

Snead - you can say what you want about overpaying for guys and throwing 1st rounders away - but again, 3 playoff appearances kind of weigh in his favor. Do we go for broke and push the cap to it's limit - hell yeah. Look at teams over the last 4 years with a lot of first round picks and cap space - how many have successfully rebuilt quickly and had playoff success? I imagine teams like the Jets and Jags would be on that list. I think he understands windows - when they're open you have to push as hard as you can. They have one of the best players in league history on the team. They need to win now, not in 4 years if they want to get the most out of the opportunities AD gives them.

That's why I don't worry about this trade or how it was handled (what exactly is the 'right way' to trade a 100 million dollar QB?) - I'm hopeful that next year will be a season of opportunity.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

It all comes down to - Who do you trust?

promomasterj262February 01, 2021 10:48AM

Re: It all comes down to - Who do you trust?

Rams43109February 01, 2021 11:55AM

Re: +1...nm

dzrams71February 01, 2021 12:45PM