Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Packers certainly exposed Rams and left plenty of clues for a ‘fix it’ list...

January 17, 2021 10:14AM
First, Rams are a good team. Good enough to beat playoff teams the likes of the Seahawks, etc. But not ready to beat top level teams like the Packers, Saints, Chiefs, and Bills. The sooner we all accept that, the sooner we can take steps to make the necessary corrections. Warning. Some of my suggestions are gonna be hard for some posters to wrap their minds around. Lol.

Goff is now officially a question mark and seems to be headed in the wrong direction. Sorry. McVay must either figure out how to work around Goff’s limitations OR he must find another QB that can maximize McVay’s strategies. I’m thinking that it will be the latter but I don’t know how soon that will be. BTW, I’m not just talking about Goff’s last 2 games when injured. I’m talking about his last 40 games when he was he was 100% healthy.

McVay must look in the mirror and conduct an objective self evaluation. He is not blameless for our O woes. I addressed that in another thread today.

Our OL must be upgraded if we want to be a legit SB team. We’ve gotta be able to do to others what the Packers did to us. It may require only a stud C or it could require more. But status quo won’t get us beyond ‘pretty good’ and that means on the outside looking in every year when deep playoffs roll around. If simply making the playoffs satisfies you, then we’re there. But if you want to win a SB then this OL upgrade is a must, IMO.

Some feel that a ‘speed’ WR is needed. I’m not so sure. I mean, what good is a speed WR if one’s QB can’t see him OR won’t throw to him? That’s where we are with Goff right now, right? I’m fine with drafting such a WR, but I think upgrading the OL and/or ‘fixing’ our QB situation should come first and second. Chicken or egg kinda thing?

Might want to once again include Higbee in the O gameplan. C’mon, Coach! Hopefully, Hopkins can step up next year, too. A better blocking 3rd TE could be helpful, too.

That’s about it on O, I think. I love our RB room, now, btw.

On D...

Here again, Packers exposed us once AD was neutralized via injury. Not sure what they can do about that, frankly. I still think our DL beyond AD is pretty darned good although the Packers certainly abused them without a healthy AD, didn’t they?

Edge is a weak link, especially if we lose Floyd as we all fear. We’ve been rationalizing about the opposite edge all year but if we’re being honest they only rose to ‘pretty good’ on their best days. Fix it, Coach! That and maybe a stud ILB are keeping the Rams from having a SB caliber D. The good news is that it’s a short list on D but the bad news is that they are critically important AND quality Edge players don’t grow on trees.

I love our secondary even after losing JJ.

ST. Are you kidding me? McVay needs to hire a Coordinator there that’s at least competent. Not a high bar and I’m sure this is gonna happen. Duh...

So that’s my priority list. Not terribly long and probably only needed if Rams really want to advance to the SB. Don’t know about you, but I want to see Rams abuse their opponents like Packers abused us. Haven’t seen that since ‘99 and ‘01. I want to take that last step. How about y’all?
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Packers certainly exposed Rams and left plenty of clues for a ‘fix it’ list...

Rams43219January 17, 2021 10:14AM