Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The difference + a few notes

December 10, 2020 09:38PM
Noteboom had 3 high effort blocks (imho) against Cards--3 more than he had all year, lol...just opining here.
Last night: first 2 series he was blowing people off the ball like Walter Jones--shockingly beautiful. If he could ever do that
on any consistent basis (the effort, not the result), he is a pro bowl level LT.

Speaking of O line: Dave Edwards hasn't looked so good the last 3-4 games, but he is settling in to be a B+ guard. Great for a 5th rounder. Corbett and Edwards when they are "on" make the Rams offense go.....like Zack Pillar and Benji Olsen smiling smiley or even better: Kent Hill and Dennis Harrah. Corbett on the goal line on 4th and 1 (just like the Bears game) was impressive.

The Rams are not a "psyched up" team week to week, which is good usually for consistency (the Steelers or Oilers in the 70s were always pumped for big games). But, last night they were pumped more than I ever remember with McVay; and I hope they bring that into the playoffs. They won't match up well against Saints and Bucs, and they need the extra ooomph.

Goff at 5.5 ypa....is atrocious, and they still ran the ball incredibly well; That is impressive.; but this offense won't work in the
playoffs at all--and so the #1 defense will have to hold teams to 17 points for Rams to win.

How the Rams have the #3 offense in the NFL is beyond me...makes no sense, lol.

I am not sure that the defense is better than 2001, but we will know in the playoffs and in week 15-16.

One last note regarding last night:, Rams are a young team, Pats are very old...thursday with 3 days rest, was easy for the Rams, not the Pats.The Rams ahve been the top 3-4 youngest team every year since 2012 I believe, and have great success on thursday even with ol J Fish.

I said 11-5 after game 1 this year....(and then lowered to 10-6 after Dolpins debacle, lol). I am sticking with 11-5. Love Goff's throwing, but don't love the endless 5-8 yard patterns--this is not a 12-4 team. I think ol' Petey will wise up to this Rams passing game dilemma...and Rams can only win if they hold Seattle to 13-16 points again.

By the way, beating Seattle 3x in one season would be quite a feet. If Rams beat them in wk 16, I don't want to play them again, I would rather play the Saints on the road.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

The difference + a few notes

Steve439December 10, 2020 09:38PM

2001 rams wk 10 Hi Def vs Pats

Steve246December 10, 2020 10:25PM

Re: The difference + a few notes

Rams43174December 11, 2020 08:24AM