Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

McVay expects Akers, Brockers to play vs Patriots...

December 09, 2020 08:57AM
Sean McVay expects Akers, Brockers to play vs. Patriots

[theramswire.usatoday.com]

Cameron DaSilva

Cam Akers and Michael Brockers popped up on the injury report this week coming out of the win over the Cardinals on Sunday. Akers is dealing with a shoulder issue, while Brockers suffered a stinger and has been limited by that neck injury to open the week.

Both players were listed as limited participant Tuesday, though the Rams didn’t go full-speed in practice. It’s obviously something to monitor, but Sean McVay doesn’t sound overly concerned about them.

“Yeah, I am,” McVay said of whether he’s leaning toward them playing Thursday. “They would both have been limited today, had do we practice full speed. I just talked to Brockers, he said he’s feeling good. Cam is feeling good as well, so I expect both those guys to go as of right now.”

As for Terrell Lewis, who has also been limited with a knee injury, he sounds far less certain to play against the Patriots this week. McVay said he’ll be questionable, but the Rams will likely be smart with him.

In other words, he’s not likely to play.

“Terrell Lewis will be questionable as well,” he said. “We’ll see. We might lean towards being smart with him, giving him a little bit of extra time, even if he is able to go, but he is feeling better and that’s a positive.”

The Rams take on the Patriots this Thursday night at 8:20 p.m. ET at SoFi Stadium.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

McVay expects Akers, Brockers to play vs Patriots...

Rams43264December 09, 2020 08:57AM

Glad to hear that

Speed_Kills92December 09, 2020 01:58PM

I agree

max93December 09, 2020 02:50PM