Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Some Ram-Bear comments and other overall

October 27, 2020 03:02AM
*VJ: another nice catch. Will Rams trade Reynolds to an AFC contender needing a 3rd WR?....prob not, lol
*Big Goff fan: but a little disappointed; looked rushed and hurried
*Goff and McVay are tied at the hip...something is not right the last 2 games. Maybe that is because of the defenses.
*So, I know the Rams are westcoast influenced, but Montana knew when to open it up, and Rams don't right now---probably
because they don't believe in their WRs down the field beating anyone.
*David Edwards doesn't look quite as good as he did his first 3 games...but, he still is a very good guard.
*Corbett, against the Bears, had some nice power in linke blocking moments. He is better than Blythe/Brown from 2017-2019.
....there is a possibility that this line, overall, will be better than 2018....boy, withoout Cooks, I don't see the O being better...such a shame.
*Edge pressure: let's see if they can do that against the better offenses....doubt it.
*Nick Scott flipped his hips, ran and kept proper velocity and spacing on a deep ball...very impressed, but can't turn his head.
*J Ramsey was beat by Robinson, but recovered and then pulled up, while at full speed, and was in full control to not interfere....great, great feet....but he will be beat in the playoffs and cost the Rams big time against pro bowl QBs
*Staley is a great DC coaching against mediocre offenses. And just ok at best against good offenses.

Overall: except for the run game, a totally unpleasurable game, for me, to watch for the Rams Offense...yes, I expect superbowl level O, and they are only WC level O at best. Can rams beat SF, Seattle and AZ? For sure...can they go 4-2 in the division? I can't see the defense holding Wilson under 37 point in both games, so they will lose to AZ and Seattle once....without Chandler Jones, I think Rams can 'control' the Cards D, but the Cards have been aiming at Rams....this is there chance. The Rams don't have the playermakers to dink and dunk like other teams; they don't have D Moore, and AJ Brown or any explosion guys, they have route runners who are really smart. Teams will catch up to that and shut them down like the 49ers did. I really am bummed, because Rams have a super bowl worthy O line, RB and Pure Passer....and their D might be enough against most NFC teams...they did hold the 49ers to 24....

Rest of the NFL:
*How does Matt Nagy have any reputation as a even good offensive coord--sorry, that ain't a question...he is awful. Ya, his QBs are awful, but he chose them. Bears may miss playoffs...they still gotta play Detroit, and the Packers....Detroit will beat them one time this year. And, the Vikings will shut them down via Zimmer desperation game plan against an awful offense.

*it really sucks watching most of these games....passes are 1-7 yards off the line of scrimmage on probably 70% of pass plays like the Pats from 201-219 and the Saints from the last few years...I can not stand that.....Rams looked like that against the Bears, too. Funny enough, Wilson is probably the only guy really throwing it down the field---maybe because he has to because the #32 defense resides there. All these great WRs, poorly skilled CBs, yet all these short passes. Color me weak winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2020 03:03AM by Steve.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Some Ram-Bear comments and other overall

Steve260October 27, 2020 03:02AM