Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Interior In-line Run blocking: LG-C-RG + more

September 28, 2020 01:54AM
Buffalo and Eagles have some great players on the IL on defense....and Dallas ain't so bad--and the Rams have dominated in the trenches.

a) The interior run blocking is the best since the last 6 games of 2006 and 1986 with Hill, Smith and Harrah.
The Rams can run when they want to run in the interior, and 3rd and 1 is successful (unlike 2017, even when Rams ran to to Saffold's side).
Comparisons to bygone eras:
Don't pretend the rams could run on 3rd and 3 with Faulk and Warner, unless it was a draw, lol.

b) Saffold was an in-line super star, and so was Hav in 2018, but now we have 2 guards and Hav who are great, and I think Blythe has become a better combo block guy than Sully. The Rams have no favortism toward one side anymore..teams can't sway over Saffold's way anymore, because both Corbett and Edwards are great. Averaging 5.2 a carry against Buffalo is pretty awesome.
So, our interior line, right now, is better than the 2018 line of Saff-Sully-Blythe....this interior would have won us that bowl game...ya, really.

c) Running up the gut may be the final upgrade that will put them in the NFCC this year...even if they don't win the division. Head to head, they are probably better than Seattle (re-watch those 2 games from last year), but I don't know if they could beat the Packers and Seattle on the road back to back in 15 degree temperatures to get a bowl bid...so, the rams have to win the division., probably.

d) LG, Edwards is a substantial upgrade over Boom all day long. Boom wont be starting over him, I believe when he comes back.

e) Goff looks more and more like Brady now that the Rams have 50/50 balance or so in the run/pass. Once the rams tart hitting some 50 yarders with Jefferson (ever?) they can beat any NFC team; but, I don't know if Van will get going that way down the field....until then, the Rams are great Saints-style possession team, but Goff being a better thrower than Brees, gives them explosiveness that Brees lost.

f) I stopped watching the game when the Rams went up, though I saw a replay of the PI--so, I have visual-emotional suffering, lol.....so, I am very happy with the offense, knowing that McVay and Snead are working OT to get another Fowler-type....though Fowler is NOT enough to help that anemic pass rush.

g) More than a few guys said our 3 RBs, when taken as an aggregrate, would be better than Gurley, and they are right...maybe not better than the inside the 10 yard line than Gurley, but maybe better in all phases as a 3-headed monster (and: interesting that Goff said Cam has the best hands of an RB that he has ever seen).
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Interior In-line Run blocking: LG-C-RG + more

Steve395September 28, 2020 01:54AM

Re: Interior In-line Run blocking: LG-C-RG + more

SoCalRAMatic169September 28, 2020 05:53AM

max137September 28, 2020 06:02AM

Steve153September 28, 2020 06:06AM

Buffalo played with six guys in the "box" all day

JimYoungblood53122September 28, 2020 06:19AM

the Rams oline is one of the biggest suprises on the season thru 3 games