Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Darrell Henderson still not certain for Week 1 but Rams are optimistic

September 04, 2020 06:20AM
Will this guy ever be bale to stay healthy? I had high hopes for him and thought he would be a real play maker for us.

Link

Cameron DaSilva
2 hours ago

The Rams’ running back group is one of the deepest on the roster, boasting three potential starters with Cam Akers, Malcolm Brown and Darrell Henderson. That depth gives the Rams options in the backfield, and also flexibility if one player goes down with an injury.

Henderson has missed the last two weeks of practice with a hamstring strain, which has given Akers and Brown more work with the first-team offense. Henderson is working his way back from the injury, but he has yet to practice and his status for Week 1 remains up in the air.

Sean McVay said on Thursday that the team is optimistic he’ll be available, but Henderson is being closely monitored leading up to the season opener.

Darrell, we’re continuing to monitor. We’re optimistic, but, until he truly gets out there and is able to really open up and let it go full speed, be hard for me to say,” McVay said. “… With an actual strain of that hamstring, that’s something that you’ve got to closely monitor.”

Henderson wasn’t expected to be the No. 1 back to start the year anyway, but he figured to play a role as a change-of-pace guy with Akers and Brown handling the bulk of the carries. Reports out of camp from the brief time Henderson was practicing were encouraging, but this hamstring strain really set him back.

If he’s unable to go in Week 1, the Rams may have to keep Xavier Jones or John Kelly on the 53-man roster initially so they’re not relying on just two backs against Dallas.

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Ramsdude274September 04, 2020 06:20AM