Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Blinkscout 2020 Final Mock draft ...

April 22, 2020 09:30AM
Poll
74 votes were received.
All visitors can vote.
Which draft do you prefer

FINAL MOCK!!! lol ... 29 hours till #1 pick.

This has, of course, been a really crazy year to try to figure out what the heck is going on ... and the talent of the players has made doing mocks really difficult. So many WRs in the top 100 could go at pick 40. Chase Claypool goes at 35 I'm not surprised. He goes at 115 I'm also not surprised. Same with Van Jefferson. Bredeson and Biadasz go in round 2? Not surprised. 5th? Not surprised.

So I try to take into account the lists I've seen (Ive seen about 15) and skipping the outliers I have a decent idea ... at least enough to feel confident.

Something I am going to assume for this mock (which will also make it possible for me to not just copy Deadpool's) ... I am assuming the following players are off the board before 52 ... Hennessy, Ruiz, Higgins, Mims, Dobbins, Terrell Lewis, Josh Jones, and Patrick Queen ... and thus I fully believe we will trade this pick down into the 60s to pick up another 4th. So Im doing 2 picks in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th, then one in the 6th and 7th.

Also, I am going to do 2 versions, based on the 50/50 shot of who I want in the 60s ...

Note: I think they are targeting Zach Moss and Nic Harris ... but I refuse to draft them.

Mock 1 ...

57) Edwards-Helaire RB LSU
Not a clone of Henderson. Not in any way. Leg drive, balance, and leadership are off the charts. Joe Burrow said he was the best football player he'd played with without hesitation. He played at OSU and LSU. He's today's MJD. Couple things I saw him do that I should note.
1) I saw guys take great angles on him, but when they arrived they made no impact on him. They basically just bounced off. So first downs/TDs on swings and pitches are basically a +3 yard thing now. Unless it's a 250 lb LB going full speed at him it's not going to change his angle.
2) I saw him "for sure tackled" by 2-3 guys, multiple times, and he would stumble out and not actually go down ... Fooling camera men, officials, and players. He would do this at least once a game, and it was a serious sideline motivator.

2nd 2nd) Curtis Weaver rOLB Boise
I can take him if he's there, if not I have a backup plan. He's got size for playing against the run, enough long speed to get to the far sideline, and is really solid when it comes to change of direction speed and agility. His sack production, while in the Mountain West, was still noteworthy because he was the only pass rush threat and was always doubled.

3rd) Donovan Peoples-Jones WR MICHIGAN
I like this fit because he doesn't take Reynolds job outright. He is a threat you can give snaps to and who you have to respect on screens and jet sweeps, but he's not an every down player year one. His speed and burst is legitimately shocking. Unfortunately for him and fortunately for us he had the worst QB for his talents. So no one has really seen what he can do.

3rd) Logan Wilson ILB Wyoming
Had a great senior bowl week, and I thought, "Hmm, maybe we can steal him in the 6th" ... nope. 6-2 241 running a 4.63 with a 4.27 short shuttle and 7.07 3 cone does not make round 6. Tackling machine at Wyoming, loved his read and react skills as much as anyone else in the draft. Why does he slide this far? Man coverage is weak and he needs to be coached up there a bit. We met with him, so this is a legit shot.

4th) Logan Stenberg OG Kentucky
Mauler with better movement skills than I expected (good drill work at the combine along with pulling at UK). There was a game at the combine to see if anyone could knock the coach's hat off ... you did 5 shuffles and then hit the bag with limited ground contact and the coach was holding the bag. He's the only one who knocked the coach off balance and moved the hat, to the roaring applaud of the rest of the kids there. Putting him next to Whitworth changes the whole nature of the line. 3rd and 1 changes.

4th) JR Reid S UGA
This is not just a 3rd safety, but Johnson insurance. Team captain and defensive shot caller ... he is fluid and solid in every aspect of the game without standing out enough to be drafted earlier. Thorpe finalist. The way he was talked about every game led me to believe he'd be considered in round 2 .. but no lists have him there.

6th) Jacob Breeland TE Oregon
Hampered by an injury or he'd likely be a 3rd round consideration. He comes in and challenges Mundt for 3rd TE right off the bat, and is fast enough to take over for Everett should he bolt (likely FA loss I'd say). This is a terrible class for a TE ... but this option could come in handy, and we met with him. He and Herbert were synched up and Herbert's play was affected quite a bit when he was out.

7th) Myles Bryant SLOT Washington
Calling him a CB or safety is silly ... he plays between the hashes and is super instinctive and twitchy. He played with Rapp so we have plenty of tape on him before this year, and we met with him. He's got small man syndrome like NRC and battles against much larger more athletic players. Been a fan his whole career.

Mock one complete ... Mock 2 I'll change everyone ... but it's mainly about Curtis Weaver, who I believe has a 50/50 shot to be gone.

57) Michael Pittman WR USC
Gonna be tougher to keep him off the field, but having a hometown hero deep threat is worth it. I wrote on another thread that "deep threat" is about the "threat" rather than blazing speed. Larry Fitzgerald ran a 4.62 and drew doubles down the field because he was nearly impossible to defend going up in the air. Pittman is like that, but faster. And because he's a threat deep he gets cushion underneath for his + route running abilities. He also could be a true #1 and dominate after a year or two.

2nd 2nd) Jordan Brooks ILB Texas Tech
Speedy, heavy hitting ILB that only lasts this long because of high quality talent and depth at the position. Enforcer at the second level that can play fast (Big 12) and is used to covering a lot of ground. He did not have much in front of him keeping him clean so he regularly had to fend off and run around linemen. I expect him to thrive with our defensive line in front of him. And we met with him, too.

3rd) AJ Dillon RB BC
I know I've been alone on the Dillon wagon this year so I'll stay with it here. I had he and Taylor as 2020 first rounders in 2018. I have not seen anything to really dissuade me except the stiffness you'd expect from someone running a 4.53 at 248 pounds. His single mother was teacher of the year after raising him working multiple jobs. He decided he wanted to be a pro football player at 7. They both put plans of action together and held each other accountable. That's a teammate. That's discipline.

3rd) Biadasz OC/OG Wisconsin
2nd round talent in a packed class that slides into the 3rd. Start him at OLG and move him over to center next to his old teammate if you need to. 10 year starter.

4th) Byron Jones S Texas
Basically the same pick as a the Reid pick. Byron hits a little harder and makes a few more splash plays and Im pretty sure I have him just ahead of Reid. Player I had almost even with Delpit coming in that suffered from losses in front of him.

4th) Reggie Robinson CB Tulsa
Small school kid we met with that has considerable length and numbers. Might be the reason D Long stays in the slot. I liked his tape and had him listed as a mid round prospect before his 40 ... so this is value.

6th) Marques Ford rOLB Bethune Cookman
Guy we met with that has great #s and could be groomed for a year behind any one of our average edge guys.

7th) Noah Togiai TE Oregon St.
Backup TE to at least challenge Mundt that we met with. Definitely more of a move TE.

So, vote on which draft you like better, that should make this more fun. lol

Questions and comments welcome as always. UDFA pool will be huge so Im not even gonna guess. I'll do my top 2 rounds tomorrow.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2020 10:15AM by alyoshamucci.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Blinkscout 2020 Final Mock draft ...

alyoshamucci1100April 22, 2020 09:30AM

Re: Blinkscout 2020 Final Mock draft ... I like the first one

Rampage2K-318April 22, 2020 10:51AM

I'm greedy... I want both

OzRam204April 22, 2020 12:12PM

Re: Blinkscout 2020 Final Mock draft ...

jim beam245April 22, 2020 01:07PM

I really thought you hammered the heck out of #1

Deadpool315April 22, 2020 06:09PM

Myles Bryant seems like that perfect tweener for CB & backup FS....

SunTzu_vs_Camus182April 23, 2020 07:47AM

I think Rams go Helaire or later with ZMoss....

SunTzu_vs_Camus223April 23, 2020 07:51AM

If Moss was there in the 4th

alyoshamucci201April 23, 2020 08:02AM

Re: Re-Work your Mock based on 1st Round, Alyo

leafnose164April 24, 2020 09:48AM

Re: Re-Work your Mock based on 1st Round, Alyo

alyoshamucci208April 24, 2020 11:05AM