Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mock Draft Mania - Night 5 - Defense Only Draft

April 17, 2020 03:31PM
So I thought this might be fun, since everyone is stuck at home, to do 10 nights of mock drafts. Something to read, something to kill time. something to think about. But not to take serious. No one would ever do a draft like any of the first 8 for sure. Anyhow, if you guys like, throw out your own, comment, whatever. Its for fun. No wrong answers in these.

Heres the lineup:

Monday 13th - Explosive Playmakers Draft - no offensive lineman, no plodders, no kickers. Just fast, explosive playmakers. Think Al Davis [ramsrule.com]
Tuesday 14th - Power Draft - just the opposite - you want big, strong powerful players, this is your draft. Think the Anti-Al Davis [ramsrule.com]
Wednesday 15th - Offense Only Draft - so nothing on D or STs [ramsrule.com]
Thursday 16th - In the Trenches Draft - O and D line only, maybe a TE (but he has to be a good blocker) [ramsrule.com]
Friday 17th - Defense Only Draft - so no offense or ST
Saturday 18th - Injury Risk Galore Draft - Only guys that currently or have had injuries in college
Sunday 19th - Where Is That Again Draft - Smaller schools only
Monday 20th - Rams are in Rebuild Mode Draft - Yup, Rams decide to blow it up and start all over. Should be interesting.
Tuesday 21st - What Would I Do Draft - This is usually part of my mock 3.0, but I will throw it out here. Its what I would do.
Wednesday 22nd - Deadpool's Mock Draft 3.0 - My final mock of 2020. Plenty of explanation.

No real rules here, I will try and not use the same guys over and over again, but there will be some crossover I'm sure. I won't so trades except in the Rebuild and What I would Do drafts, and some of these guys will be stretches, but within a round of where I think they should go.

With that said:

Defense Only Draft - no offense or STs, and again, trying not to overlap too many prospects.

52. Zack Baun - Edge - Wisconsin - 6'-3" 238 lbs. - A bit smaller edge, but he is smart, relentless and refined. Will have trouble against the run due to size. I think he works best as a LBer you move around inside early, out late. I think he could be a movable chess piece Staley could really create chaos with.

57. Jordyn Brooks - LB - Texas Tech - 6'-1" 240 lbs. - An absolute heat seeking missile that is devastating going downhill, lacks pass coverage reps. Sideline to sideline. Again, the Mo to Kiser's MIKE.

84. Terrell Burgess - S - Utah - 5'-11" 202 lbs. - He's an exciting athlete with good speed and a bigtime motor. Lack of size might be an issue. He adds a new dimension to the S group and allows Rapp to play closer to the line in 3 safety sets.

104. 106. Bradlee Anae - Edge - Utah - 6'-3" 257 lbs. - Can rush the passer and hold his own against the run, excellent hand fighter, with a top-notch motor. Not the greatest athlete. 43 or 34 compatible. I double up on pass rushers because frankly, the Rams need them.

126. Jason Strowbridge - IDL - North Carolina - 6'-4" 275 lbs. - A gap jumper that lacks the size to hold his ground against double teams. Once he is into gaps, causes issues for the offense. A 34 DE or 43 DE is his future. He is a 34 End on passing downs.

199. Nevelle Clarke - CB - UCF - 6'-1" 190 lbs. - I called him a mini Ramsey. Plays with a swagger and a ballhawks mentality. Great size for a CB. Easy mover. Needs to add strength and some weight to reach his full potential. CB depth is a need after losing NRC.

234. Tyler Clark - IDL - Georgia - 6'-4" 300 lbs. - nice get off with good hand usage to keep himself clean. Kinda frenetic, and will wash himself out at times. Good power. More IDL depth is never a bad thing.

Overall, I added 2 EDGE rushers, 2 DL, a CB a S and an ILB. Defense gets better and deeper immediately.

Don't waste your time looking back, you're not going that way. - Ragnar Lothbrok
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Mock Draft Mania - Night 5 - Defense Only Draft

Deadpool242April 17, 2020 03:31PM