Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mock draft Mania - Night 2 - Power Only Draft

April 14, 2020 03:20PM
So I thought this might be fun, since everyone is stuck at home, to do 10 nights of mock drafts. Something to read, something to kill time. something to think about. But not to take serious. No one would ever do a draft like any of the first 8 for sure. Anyhow, if you guys like, throw out your own, comment, whatever. Its for fun. No wrong answers in these.

Heres the lineup:

Monday 13th - Explosive Playmakers Draft - no offensive lineman, no plodders, no kickers. Just fast, explosive playmakers. Think Al Davis [ramsrule.com]
Tuesday 14th - Power Draft - just the opposite - you want big, strong powerful players, this is your draft. Think the Anti-Al Davis
Wednesday 15th - Offense Only Draft - so nothing on D or STs
Thursday 16th - In the Trenches Draft - O and D line only, maybe a TE (but he has to be a good blocker)
Friday 17th - Defense Only Draft - so no offense or ST
Saturday 18th - Injury Risk Galore Draft - Only guys that currently or have had injuries in college
Sunday 19th - Where Is That Again Draft - Smaller schools only
Monday 20th - Rams are in Rebuild Mode Draft - Yup, Rams decide to blow it up and start all over. Should be interesting.
Tuesday 21st - What Would I Do Draft - This is usually part of my mock 3.0, but I will throw it out here. Its what I would do.
Wednesday 22nd - Deadpool's Mock Draft 3.0 - My final mock of 2020. Plenty of explanation.

No real rules here, I will try and not use the same guys over and over again, but there will be some crossover I'm sure. I won't so trades except in the Rebuild and What I would Do drafts, and some of these guys will be stretches, but within a round of where I think they should go.

With that said:

The power draft, its not just who lifts 225 the most at the combine, but these are physical and strong players that lack explosive speed.

52. Michael Pittman Jr. - WR - USC - 6'-4" 223 lbs - Another physical WR that is starting to put everything together. Not a burner, but a good athlete with a great work ethic. A big Robert Woods. A bit of a reach off my big board, but he could easily see his name called in round 2.

57.DaVon Hamilton - IDL - Ohio St. - 6'-4" 320 lbs. - A powerhouse run defender that was never tasked to rush the passer. Early 2 down starter with the athletic profile to possibly add some inside pass rush. He would fit right in on either side of Brockers and AD.

84. Malik Harrison - LB - Ohio St. - 6'-3" 247 lbs. - Old school type MLBer that stuffs the run and plugs gaps. Quick to react, strong and will drop the hammer. Too stiff to contribute in a lot of coverage. He's a steal at 84 and becomes the starting MIKE from day 1.

104. Logan Stenberg - IOL - Kentucky - 6'-6" 317 lbs. - Meanest, nastiest OG in the draft. Won't win on style points and will talk your ear off. Not a great athlete. Even though he isn't a great athlete, he can move enough to be a solid OZS LG for a decade.

126. AJ Dillon - RB - Boston College - 6'-0" 247 lbs. - A bigger bodied back with more speed than one would think. A gap power fit. Loses a lot when stretched out east to west. Yin to Hendo's yang. Not the angriest of runners, but at 250 he will wear you down.

199.Tanner Muse - S - Clemson - 6'-2" 227 lbs. - A big S, maybe a LBer...4.41 speed, can play deep due to his speed and athleticism, can play in the box due to his size. Never put it all together for his profile. He could be a Big Nickel backer, or maybe even a Mo to Harrison's Mike. Easily plays up to his 230 lb weight class.

234. A.J. Green - CB - Oklahoma State - 6'-1" 202 lbs. - Physical CB, sometimes too physical. Decent speed and a decent athletic profile. His 4.63 combine 40 pushes him down to round 7, but he plays faster then that.

So the Rams added a NT, a S/ILB, a MIKE and CB on defense, and a OG, RB and WR on offense. All in all, not the fastest draft ever, but one of the strongest and toughest.

Don't waste your time looking back, you're not going that way. - Ragnar Lothbrok
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Mock draft Mania - Night 2 - Power Only Draft

Deadpool459April 14, 2020 03:20PM

Re: Mock draft Mania - Night 2 - Power Only Draft

Killrazor193April 15, 2020 12:26AM

agreed

3030162April 15, 2020 06:38AM