Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Transitional year coming up for the Rams

April 10, 2020 12:21AM
Have not posted since the end of last season due to personal reasons. Was very disappointed in the Rams play last season missing the playoffs.

I do not expect much of them this upcoming season (if played at all with this corona mess) which is a shame in a season when they will move into this new super stadium.

The Gurley cut was inevitable. Same with the Cooks trade which I like.
Both players have badly regressed due to injuries which is a shame but that is how the NFL sometimes goes.
Rams got burned badly with those premature contract extensions and Snead has to take the blame for them .

However it is better to cut your losses quickly and move on which the Rams have done. They will take a huge hit in dead money this season but longterm it will open up more options.

Rams still have Kupp and Woods as go to guys at WR and I expect to have Josh Reynolds a fine season. If featured enough he will deliver . Higbee and Everett should see more targets as well which is not a bad thing.

The key for the Rams will be to replace Fowler and littleton at LB and field a strong o-line to protect Goff.
Rams have made it clear with their moves they will rely on him to make the offense go. In order to that he needs good protection at all cost.

Therefore I expect the RAms to go heavy on lb and o-line in the upcoming draft. Maybe a WR in a very deep and talented class sprinkled in plus an edge rusher to replace Fowler.

As I said in the header I see a transitional season coming up for the Rams. The division is very strong with the Niners , SEA and an upcoming CArds team.

A 8-8 record looks to be realistically.

Go Rams!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Transitional year coming up for the Rams

dodgerram651April 10, 2020 12:21AM

Re: Transitional year coming up for the Rams

MamaRAMa302April 10, 2020 04:02AM

den-the-coach278April 10, 2020 04:40AM

dodgerram284April 10, 2020 05:36AM

Re: Transitional year ---Les Snead Jan, 2017 said the same