Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A timely post about Evans’ play by the respected fearsomefour....

December 11, 2019 09:39AM
Here’s fearsomefour...

I just rewatched every offensive play from the Seattle game.
On drop back passes Evans was given help (by a TE) a total of two times. He was not given help on drop back passes for the vast majority.
Moving pockets are a little different as they are more directionally blocking. A TE is almost always kept in on the side the line is moving from (right to left in this case) to seal the end not to give help to the T per say.
On some of his pass blocking he did just enough. He was beaten a few times, but, the rest of the pocket was clean and the ball was out quickly. There were a few times he was excellent.
In the running game he did some good work but was also beaten badly a couple of times. He is susceptible to a quick inside move. He could work at maintaining his blocks a little longer.
On the run plays where the DE goes unblocked that is obviously the play design.
The OL directionally blocks and that guy is left alone.
Clowney ran down the one play but also got caught up in traffic on a couple of other times when the Rams ran the same scheme for positive yards.
My take away (not that anyone was asking)?
A little less fired up about his play.
He was not as great in the run game as I remembered from just watching the game. He had a few plays he got blown up, but, he did do a lot of solid work there too.
As for pass blocking Evans is not being given much help.
The game plan changes....misdirection, rolling out and moving the pocket are being done to help protect the entire line.
When it is drop back passing he is rarely getting help.
He has quicker feet than Havenstein and at times shows really good technique. He struggles with inside moves and once or twice a DE ran around him but Goff was saved by getting the ball out.
Pretty similar to Havenstein in the regard.
Because he has quicker feet he can at times recover a little better than Hav.
I would stick with Evans at this point and see how he progresses.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

A timely post about Evans’ play by the respected fearsomefour....

Rams43700December 11, 2019 09:39AM

so far so good

LMU93247December 11, 2019 09:48AM

Havenstein is back full practice today...

max332December 11, 2019 12:13PM

I'm sure you heard McVay hemming and hawing

stlramz338December 11, 2019 12:36PM

use him as a TE...

LMU93228December 11, 2019 12:40PM

Re: use him as a TE...

sacram254December 11, 2019 01:54PM

Oh wow... nice choice of words...

JamesJM234December 11, 2019 12:42PM