Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Is it just perception, but is the officiating getting worse?

December 09, 2019 11:05AM
I've heard about all the retirements this past year or 2 of so many veterans, but league-wide it seems to be an issue. The Pats non touchdown was ridiculous. If you're not sure - call it a TD and then review it. Same thing with the Kelce fumble. They didn't blow Goff's incompletion dead in the Steeler game now did they?

There seem to be way too many flags - it's play, flag, flag, one play, another flag. Torture to watch. And the worst part is the inconsistency - PI's called or not called differently in different games throughout the league - sometimes in same game. Ravens got away with a huge PI late in the game against the Bills, then the Bills were gifted a PI over tangled feet!

Only review PI was a failure as far as I can tell. Typical reactive band aid. There are a lot of missed calls that have huge impacts on games - Roughing the passer for example - that should be challengeable.

It's really hard to know what happened on a play at home and in the stadium from replays and then to be told by the officials that 'no, that didn't happen' is just unacceptable. They need a sky judge - someone in each stadium or in New York who can radio down to officials and clean up this garbage. I know it's 'hard, plays are fast, bang, bang, blah blah blah.' Hey NFL - nobody cares. They want to see competitive, fair, well-officiated games, and deserve to. End of story. Fix it. Coaches and players don't get to make excuses endlessly why do you?
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Is it just perception, but is the officiating getting worse?

promomasterj232December 09, 2019 11:05AM

I think it's a conspiracy...

JamesJM140December 09, 2019 11:33AM

Re: Is it just perception, but is the officiating getting worse?

Classicalwit118December 09, 2019 11:35AM