Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Goff reminds me of Steve Young's situation 35 years ago.

November 15, 2019 03:32AM
I have seen some very good debates on here about Goff. Is he a good QB or not?? This year, I have to say. No! The next question is...What happened???? It all takes me back to Steve Young.. I recall seeing him play great at BYU and even in the USFL with the L.A. Express. And THEN....He goes to Tampa Bay with hardly anything around him. Even HC John McCay was toast, about the time Young got there. At Tampa, Young looked like a bumbling fool who had never picked up a football. I think his biggest highlight in Tampa was getting slammed in snow at Green Bay and it filled his face mask.

Fast forward a year or two, Young is suddenly playing right on the heels of one of the best QBs ever (Montana) It helps when you have an O line that can protect Montana, coming off a broken back......a VERY healthy Roger Craig to hand off to and some guy named Jerry Rice to throw to. Rice was a HUGE deep threat but the Niners would not hesitate to hit him with a QUICK slant (HELLO Mc VAY?????)

Goff is not a bad QB at all. But he IS playing TERRIBLY! Till he gets the help around him and SMART play calling, it will not get much better.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Goff reminds me of Steve Young's situation 35 years ago.

Ramgator410November 15, 2019 03:32AM