Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Jalen Ramsey not worried about Schuster: ‘He’s not Antonio Brown’...

November 09, 2019 06:45AM
Jalen Ramsey not worried about JuJu Smith-Schuster: 'He's not Antonio Brown'

[theramswire.usatoday.com]

Cameron DaSilva

Jalen Ramsey has covered the best receivers in the NFL, from Julio Jones to DeAndre Hopkins. He’s also matched up with Antonio Brown in the past, putting together two outstanding performances against the Steelers in 2017 and 2018.

Last year, Ramsey said Brown is “easily” the best receiver in the NFL, which shows how highly he thinks of the former Steelers wideout. Brown, of course, is no longer in Pittsburgh, nor with any team in the league right now, so Ramsey will have a different receiver to cover on Sunday.

Having faced the top wideouts throughout the NFL, Ramsey doesn’t seem too worried about his opponent on Sunday afternoon, JuJu Smith-Schuster.

“No disrespect to him, he’s not Antonio Brown,” Ramsey told reporters, via ESPN’s Lindsey Thiry. “I matched up with Antonio for two years there, and that was a good battle and I held my own in those battles. Now I’m going up against a different person, a different body type, a different receiver, a little bit. He can make plays, but I’m playing my game. I’m not really worried about it.”

Ramsey was then asked whether he looks forward to matching up with different receivers each week.

“The top receivers, I do,” he replied.

Ramsey knows he has the ability to cover the best receivers in football. He’s proved it in the past and even held his own this season against Julio Jones five days after being acquired by the Rams and three weeks removed from his last game action.

Entering this matchup, he’s not focused on what Smith-Schuster can do, but more so on himself.

“Like I said, I’m more so focused on myself with this game, not really him,” Ramsey said.

Wade Phillips said he doesn’t know if Ramsey will shadow Smith-Schuster on Sunday, but one can assume he will. He’s far and away the Steelers’ best weapon on offense, with Pittsburgh posing very few threats outside of Smith-Schuster.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2019 06:46AM by Rams43.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Jalen Ramsey not worried about Schuster: ‘He’s not Antonio Brown’...

Rams43480November 09, 2019 06:45AM

Ramsey's mouth versus Schuster game (JuJu ailing?)

leafnose232November 09, 2019 07:22AM

Re: Ramsey's mouth versus Schuster game (JuJu ailing?)

Rams43263November 09, 2019 07:42AM

Re: Ramsey's mouth versus Schuster game (JuJu ailing?)

max223November 09, 2019 12:53PM

Comes with the territory

stlramz171November 09, 2019 02:27PM

Re: Jalen Ramsey not worried about Schuster: ‘He’s not Antonio Brown’...

rampage666244November 09, 2019 08:51AM

Hard to envision Wade moving Jalen to the slot to cover JuJu

RockRam270November 09, 2019 09:20AM

Agreed Rock

mexram258November 09, 2019 09:48AM

He's also not 100%.

alyoshamucci216November 09, 2019 01:42PM

Re: Jalen Ramsey not worried about Schuster: ‘He’s not Antonio Brown’...

CraigMatson119November 10, 2019 09:07AM