Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A nice story about the Rams in the aftermath of tragedy

October 29, 2019 01:41PM
WARNING: This story briefly involves the subject of school shootings

Today I had the opportunity to attend a conference where the keynote speaker's son was a witness/survivor of the Sandy Hook Elementary shooting. Shortly after they moved to Denver, CO. There the boy's therapist introduced him to another of his patients, a University of Colorado football player who was a survivor of the Aurora Colorado Movie Theater "Dark Knight Rises" mass shooting. The two bonded over football, which became therapy for both.

HBO's Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel learned about this and produced a story on it.

If you watch, the first thing you'll notice is that the boy is a HUGE Rams fan.

Afterwards, I introduced myself as a Rams fan, because there are very few of us in Colorado and the faithful need to stick together. She told me that after the video aired the Rams contacted them. The team flew their family of 6 out to L.A., put them in a hotel for the weekend, let them watch a practice, meet the players and gave them tickets to a game. She said the players were awesome, and they had a family picture taken with Jared Goff.

It's stories like these that you don't hear about that make you feel good about supporting a team.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

A nice story about the Rams in the aftermath of tragedy

3030533October 29, 2019 01:41PM

Re: A nice story about the Rams in the aftermath of tragedy

Rampage2K-163October 29, 2019 02:21PM

Re: A nice story about the Rams in the aftermath of tragedy

MamaRAMa134October 29, 2019 02:56PM

A great watch!

Ramboni162October 29, 2019 03:08PM

Re: That was amazing.......Thanks for posting it.

oldschoolramfan110October 30, 2019 12:52PM