Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A nice current OL situation post by BonifayRam...

October 29, 2019 08:55AM
Here’s BonifayRam...

When you watch the OL walk out of the huddle & prepare to set the first OL'er you see in action with line calls is Austin Blythe & the last OL'er you see moving & pointing & signalling to Allen that the OL is set & ready to go before the snap is Austin Blythe.

Yes Brian Allen does his fair share of arm waving & pointing but not close to the amount of calling out as Blythe. It would seem (though I am not sure) Kromer's RG & Center are involved in OL calls but Blythe is the main OL involved. Now this might be the reason that he remains as the starter even while being in {Fail Mode} in making most of his one on one blocks.

I am hoping that by the time the practice starts for preparation to play the Steelers that our starting OC is ready to be the main OL'er to make the OL calls. If Kromer believes in Allen then he can now prepare to move on the change of guard @ the starting RG post.

Here's what is trending in our OL with our non starters:

OC Shelton is (trending up). CS has been active for the last two gms. Whereas Shelton was only active 1 time in the first 6 gms. CS being a center who has a playing history of making OL calls in college. 3 yr starter in college with starting experience at tackle, guard and center. So he is versatile. 10 starts @ OG. CS has zero snaps in the NFL.

OG Jamil Demby is (trending down). After finishing 1 gm & starting another earlier in this season with not positive overall results, JD has been inactive since. I would not be surprised to see Demby cut & swing OT/OG rookie Chandler Brewer signed to the 53MR in his place now that Austin Corbett was traded for & was not active yet.

OT Bobby Evans is (trending up). Evans has been active the last 2 gms after being inactive for the first 6. Once David Edwards was inserted into the starting LG post, Evans was promoted into Edwards position @ the Swing OT spot. BE might be in consideration for the RG post but its highly unlikely due to his present important role as swing OT & practicing in place of Andrew Whitworth.

OG Austin Corbett has to be trending up after being buried in Cleveland. Corbett has the most NFL experienced of all his reserve OL'ers. It's not saying much. AC has 1 start & has played in 15 NFL games for Cleveland. OC Kromer wanted Corbett for a specific reason & I am sure that he is think OG not OC. I believe AC will be the starting LG in 2020 this is his best playing post. Until then AC should be a leading prospect to start @ RG for the rest of the season.

I still feel that the best future starting Ram RG is on the practice squad ...the 6-6 320 plus pound Chandler Brewer. Its either Corbett or Brewer!
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

A nice current OL situation post by BonifayRam...

Rams43239October 29, 2019 08:55AM