Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My hopes (and fears) for the 2019 season

September 06, 2019 07:53AM
First my hopes

• The defense plays like the defense we saw in the playoffs
  • The offense plays like the offense we saw in the first 8 games last year
  • McVay learns from his mistakes last year and continues to grow as a coach and as a playcaller
  • Goff does what he has done for the last 7 years, and improves from one year to the next
  • Noteboom and Allen play well. Allen proves to be an upgrade over an aging Sullivan, and Noteboom holds his own. (Saffold was playing amazing last year, esp in the run game, so I don't think it's fair to hold him to that standard.)

For what its worth, I think the above is possible. And if even 4/5 happen we have to be NFC champions

Now my fears

• The league really has figured out McVay's offense, and he doesn't have an answer.
  • The offensive line takes a significant step back from what we have seen the last two years. Whitworth starts to show his age.
  • There was a reason we could get Weddle and Matthews at a discount.
  • Gurley really is not going to recover to anywhere near his previous physical ability.
  • For the first year a while,we have multiple big injuries affecting core players.
  • Notice that I don't have any fears about Goff. He has done nothing but improve every single year since he was a starter in college. I see no reason that will change.

If my hopes come true, I see a 14-2 season and a dominant run into the playoffs. My fears lead us to 9-7 versus a very difficult schedule and just missing the playoffs.

To me, the biggest wild card this year is the defense. If it continues to play as it did in the playoffs and the SB in particular, it is going to take a LOT to beat this team.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

My hopes (and fears) for the 2019 season

PeoriaRa361September 06, 2019 07:53AM

Good list. And consider history.

RFL275September 06, 2019 08:09AM

Rebounding from a Super Bowl season (Win or lose) I say....

Ramgator134September 06, 2019 04:16PM

Re: My hopes (and fears) for the 2019 season

Atlantic Ram243September 06, 2019 08:19AM