Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Day 4 camp report by bubbaramfan...

July 30, 2019 07:07PM
Here’s bubbaramfan...

Another energetic practice. Couldn't ask for better weather, upper 70's with a nice breeze. Hooked up with VRF and later theDuke showed up. We were in the end zone of the south field and we first got a look at guys taking punt from the machine. Austin Proehl, Jo Jo Natson, Nsima Webster, Alex Bachman all got a couple of turns. they had 5 gunners coming at them as the ball was shot to them from the machine. Jo Jo still has the best juke moves and is quicker than the rest. I rate Webster not far behind him. The others, meh. At the end of the drill, Jo Jo fielded 5 punts before he dropped all of them trying to field the sixth. (two in each arm and one between his legs).

3: 45 rest of team on field stretching, Myles Simmons walks by and we all give him the business for going over to the Raiders.

Gurley dressed but held out. LB Okow not dressed, tight hammy, was told he should go on Sat. in scrimmage with Chargers.

I think McVay wanted a quieter first part of practice as most position groups worked on technique and situationals. they didn't really start going at each other till after the second hour with 7 on 7's.

7 on 7. Woods from Goff,, Henderson quick out. Kupp quick out. Gff looking sharp, getting ball out quick. Rookie Long with a nice breakup. Everrett with play action TD. Mundt TD vs 1st unit D. Austin Proel from Brotles nice play action catch. Brown wiith sideline grab for TD from Goff. Higbee gets one over the middle in traffic.

Nice to have someone who knows X's and O's (theDuke) to talk with as practice goes on. We were reminecing about the fisher TC's when more balls hit the ground than were caught. Not many balls hitting the ground this TC.

On to Red Zone drill. 2nd OL Evans LT, Demby LG, Nearly C, Kolone RG, Edwards RT. Bortles moved the ball, tucked it and ran for yds on one play, Henderson screen from Goff for TD for 1st team O. Kupp TD over middle.

Here I had my first technical issue. My pen quit working :shocked:. Everything is now from memory not much more though some 11 on 11 with a lot of good contact.

Kupp got a long pass from Goff, Brown got some good runs and catches. Bortles connected to Thomas for a nice gain. 1st team D got to Bortles couple of times. Jo-Day with a sack (He was with 1st team all practice, Gaines with 2nd D.

I'll put down more as I remember and VRF and the Duke chime in again. Great practice. players were intense and they don't get to do any standing around. No fights.

I think they are all off tomorrow and go to Costa Mesa a few miles down the roed to scrimmage and practice with the Chargers They start at 10am and I plan to be there.

Thursday will be an early report. I'll try and post as soon as I get home.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Day 4 camp report by bubbaramfan...

Rams43404July 30, 2019 07:07PM

A little more from bubbaramfan...

Rams43187July 30, 2019 07:13PM