Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Day 2 camp report by bubbaramfan...

July 28, 2019 07:15PM
Here’s bubbaramfan...

Great practice day. I just got off the 405 parking lot, cracked a Belgian White. We didn't visit the beer tent today, VFR and I agreed to concentrate on the field. Want to get this out to you all as fast as possible.

I'm not going to go through my notes and just put info out as I put them down, so it's going to be somewhat jumbled.

Got here early and got a good seat in north stands, really good view of 11 on 11 later on, WR work and DB's. Bones came out and tossed balls to kids and had them run. Kids loved it. Goff came over and tossed a few to the kids. Gurley in uni but not taking part today.

First workout in front of us. Fielding punts from machine. Taking turns were Jo Jo, Thomas, Webster, Hendricks, Lloyd, Jalen Greene and Austin Proehl. Webster has good hands and is fast with good moves. Henderson also, guy has great burst and change of direction. Jo Jo also did a good job. The others so so. Coach Bones spent time between each KO with all of them in a huddle, teaching. Each got a couple reps.

Further down the field the OL worked on hand placement, footwork hitting the sled. Kromer moving in and out teaching.

QB's practiced with RB's handing off left then right. WR's taking quick passes from coach after zigging and zagging. Good drill to see who makes good cuts, Webster impressed me again. Of course Woods and Cooks were the best. Kupp didn't participate.

McVay came over and oversaw QB's passing quick outs to WR's and RB's. Lots of interaction and instruction. (no DB's).

Here I have to comment on QB's after watching them yesterday and an hour into today. Goff looks great, and looks to have put on some weight. Bortles is definitely an improvement over Mannion. Quick release, good footwork and a better scrambler than Goff (so far). John Wolford so far is better than Brandon Allen IMHO. Nice tight spiral and leads receiver better and more accurate than Allen.

Now 11 on 11. 1st team O vs 2nd team D. LT Whitworth, LG Noteboom, CAllen, RG Blythe, RT Havenstien. 2nd D RDE Morgan Fox, DT F-Meyers, NT Gaines, DT Smart, LDE Lawler.

2nd team O- LT Edwards, LG Kolone, C Neary, RG Demby, RT Evans. 1st team D- RDE Ebukam, DT Donald, NT Jo-Day, DT Bockers, LDE Fowler.

First teams stayed pretty much the same, though Demby got reps with 1st team and F-Meyers got rep with 1st team. I may have missed subs.

They went pretty had at each other in 11 on 11, considering no pads, hard to tell who got the better, especially along the line.

1st team went with 11 formation, put Kupp in motion on 1st play and Goff went incomplete to woods. a few plays later AD and Demby went at each other. Some good pass plays to Woods and Cooks. Malcolm Brown made a great one handed catch for TD. Brown looked good today, he got a lot of touches.

Goff to Kupp over the middle. Kupp looks great, Can't tell he's coming off an injury.

Bortles to Reynolds nice throw and catch. Kelly swing pass from Wolford, nice run after catch.

Hodge end around for some good yds. Peters with a pass breakup. Henderson catching screen more than a few times. Guy has good hands.

Big collision between Reynolds and Weddle, they helped each other up, both fine.

Tanzel Smart and Brian Allen shoving match had to be broken up. Tempers flaring and McVay stops action and calls a huge huddle of all the players, I'm guessing to calm them down and focus.

Action resumes with Kelly getting a good run. Justin Davis turns a swing pass in a gain of 10.

Talib just misses a pick 6.

There it is fellow Ram Fans. A very good practice. I'm forming some opinions about players. Who's doing good, who doesn't. Just 2 days in so a lot can happen. Without them being in pads, its hard to judge OL or DL play. Some guys look good so far. I like what I've seen from most of the starters. New guys Weddle and Mathews look very good. Wolford at QB, Jo-Day at DT and Webster at WR-returner have impressed me the most.

I'm there tomorrow and hopefully there will be less of a crowd so I can get around the field easier to see position groups.

I'll be keeping tabs here and watching for VRF's pics. I'm sure he'll have more to add, which should jog my memory on what I missed.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Day 2 camp report by bubbaramfan...

Rams43679July 28, 2019 07:15PM

A bit more by bubbaramfan...

Rams43318July 28, 2019 07:19PM