Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Andrew Whitworth cried watching Kyle Williams’ last game...

May 22, 2019 06:34AM
Andrew Whitworth cried watching Kyle Williams' last NFL game

Cameron DaSilva

[theramswire.usatoday.com]

Andrew Whitworth and Kyle Williams came into the NFL together. They were both drafted in 2006 – Whitworth in Round 2 and Williams in the fifth – and played more than a decade in the league.

Whitworth, of course, is still going, but Williams called it a career at the end of the 2018 season. It’s not widely known, but the two share a connection.

When Williams retired in December, Whitworth watched his final game from the locker room before the Rams’ matchup with the 49ers. It was an emotional sight for Whitworth, who was watching a friend suit up for the final time.

Whitworth said on NFL Network Tuesday, in a conversation with Williams, that he cried watching the game.

“I’ll never forget – just like Kyle says the emotion of watching me in the Super Bowl – the emotion of watching him play in his last game and all the things that went on with that day,” Whitworth said. “I’ll never forget I was sitting in the locker room before we played the 49ers just crying because it was emotional to see somebody I’m so proud of everything he’s done, how he’s represented himself and played this game – second to nobody.”

Williams and Whitworth went to two Pro Bowls together in 2012 and 2016. Williams made it six times, while Whitworth has been selected four times. Whitworth does have the edge in All-Pro selections (two to zero), though.

Whitworth ended the interview by ribbing Williams about his height.

“I’m glad you got your lifts on today, too, Kyle. You look tall, man,” Whitworth said.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Andrew Whitworth cried watching Kyle Williams’ last game...

Rams43292May 22, 2019 06:34AM

Re: Andrew Whitworth cried watching Kyle Williams’ last game...

bigjimram21134May 22, 2019 07:05AM