Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Los Angeles Chargers, Rams head NFL's most complete teams

May 17, 2019 09:46AM

My sensational editors at NFL.com asked me to rank the most complete teams in the NFL. Notice that adjective, complete.

This is NOT a power ranking. It's NOT a playoff prediction.

I think the Packers are going to win double-digit games, yet they are not on this list. Neither are the Seahawks, even though I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see Russell Wilson, Bobby Wagner and Co. do damage in 2019. I wanted to add San Francisco, but had a few too many questions about that roster. If Carson Wentz weren't rehabbing from his second straight season-ending injury and/or my last name rhymed with ten, the Eagles would be listed below. And I just couldn't get myself to buy the Vikings.

I'm sure everyone will agree with all of my choices and there will be no debate whatsoever. So, without further ado, here are the most complete teams in the NFL as of May 2019, Schein Nine style:

2) Los Angeles Rams
Todd Gurley's status is obviously a huge factor here, but I'm no doctor. I don't know any more about his true status than you. So, for the purposes of this exercise, I'm going to assume he'll return to stardom in a few months' time. That takes significant heat off Jared Goff, allowing the quarterback to play like he did over the first three months of last season. Another thing that'll help mitigate Goff's late-season swoon: the return of Cooper Kupp, whose torn ACL halfway through last season put a major crimp in Sean McVay's signature 11 personnel package (1 RB, 1 TE, 3 WR). When Kupp's on the field with Brandin Cooks and Robert Woods, defenses are put in a serious bind. McVay's genius maximizes this talent.

On the other side of the ball, the Rams just happen to boast the single best defensive player -- bar none -- in the NFL today. Aaron Donald, who just won his second consecutive Defensive Player of the Year award, raises the bar and makes everyone on the Rams' D better. Thus, while L.A. only ranked 19th in total defense last season, the unit has a knack for being clutch.

GM Les Snead not only has great hair, but he has great flair for putting a team together.

Go to Full Article--
[www.nfl.com]
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

RamBill324May 17, 2019 09:46AM