Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Day 3 pick - draft profiles (sorry I'm so late)

April 27, 2019 07:03PM
Sorry for being late, was at the lake getting everything opened up for the summer before planting season and I cannot post from my phone due to a spam blocker blocking me.

Anyhow, long story short, I liked and disliked day 3. I am not a fan of Gaines, preferred a guy like Willis or Russell more, but who am I to argue with the Rams. Loved the Edwards pick. That pick was a HR imo. But then again, I did have him rated way higher then most. Nick Scott is a confusing pick and not my favorite, but I see the upside. Dakota Allen is a pick I liked.

Greg Gaines - NT - 6'-1" 312 lbs.

Positives:
strong as an ox
Natural low center of gravity
Great motor
doesn't get pushed backwards - like ever
showed some pass rush at SB

Negatives:
lacks ideal length
built like a fire hydrant, moves like a fire hydrant
sluggish athletically

a 2 down NT that will just stack up blockers and allow others to make plays and will come out in passing situations

David Edwards - OL - 6'-6" 308 lbs

5. (51) David Edwards - OT -Wisconsin - 6'-6" 308 lbs. - Another strong, mobile OT from Wisconsin. RT or possibly RG, he is well coached but lags a bit behind because he is still transitioning from TE.

So he is my #5 OT and my #51 player overall, so I obviously over-valued him or the Rams got a steal. Either way, he is a former TE that moved to OT so plenty of upside and is highly athletic for the position, and he comes from Wisc., so while behind the curve, was coached well.

Positives:
a great athlete for the position
excellent mover in space
can and will maul you
strong hands with nice pop
light feet
strong

Negatives:
raw skill set
can get caught off balance
too upright at times

I think he is a perfect fit in a OZS and will need a year and maybe a move to OG is in the cards for him, but I love his upside.

Nick Scott - S - 5'-11" 201 lbs.

I don't get this pick at all. I know its the 7th round near the end, but he is a RB turned safety for 2 years with only 1 year of starting experience. Raw as sushi. But interesting upside. I have little in the way of notes. Sorry guys, I hope Alyo helped you out.

Positives:
fast
aggressive
nice burst
he's a thumper

Negatives:
Raw
takes bad angles
double moves work against him
not ideal size

His aggressive demeanor and raw skill set has worked against him with his reading plays and double moves. He's going to need patience IMO and I see a practice squad player unless he really shows out on special teams (and he very easily could)

Dakota Allen - LB - 6'-1" 232 lbs.

I liked the pick, though I thought he would run faster at the combine then a 4.77.His jumps were also horrid. But then he goes and posts a sub 6.9 3 cone, so I have no idea what to make of his tests.

222. Dakota Allen - LB - Texas Tech - 6'-1" 232 lbs. - Sideline to sideline playmaker with some steam when he gets there. Less tactician and more bull in a china shop. Upside player with ST written all over him.

Positives:
heat seeking missile
goes hard sideline to sideline
He has an attack plan - attack
ok against the pass, a few ints in his career

Negatives:
needs to read first, react second
trouble shedding blocks
lacks MLB instincts

I think he fits the Rams well because they will tell him to fill x gap and he will with gusto. A special teamer with a little coaching could be a nice ILBer.

Don't waste your time looking back, you're not going that way. - Ragnar Lothbrok
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Day 3 pick - draft profiles (sorry I'm so late)

Deadpool650April 27, 2019 07:03PM

Re: Day 3 pick - draft profiles (sorry I'm so late)

zn301April 27, 2019 07:25PM

Maybe LT

Deadpool304April 27, 2019 07:33PM

Wisconsin had left handed QB, Edwards was blind side protector

azramfan338April 27, 2019 07:44PM

Here's the Story on Scott

RamBill353April 27, 2019 08:04PM

Re: Here's the Story on Scott

azramfan333April 27, 2019 08:24PM

Yes, Les Snead said...

hubestar302April 27, 2019 11:29PM