Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

PFF's list of 'my guys' for the 2019 NFL Draft

April 24, 2019 04:22PM

The staff at Pro Football Focus dish on who ‘their guys’ are for the 2019 NFL Draft. Whether it be a first-round prospect who deserves more hype or a Day 3 potential sleeper pick, PFF’s analysts discuss who they like in the upcoming NFL draft.

MIKE RENNER – LEAD DRAFT ANALYST
Jerry Tillery, DI, Notre Dame
For the life of me, I can’t understand why Jerry Tillery isn’t being rumored to go higher in the upcoming draft. He has the ideal size, length, and athleticism to play 3 or 5 technique in the NFL. Oh, and he also has arguably the most refined package of pass-rushing moves in this class. That combination works well in the league.

STEVE PALAZZOLO – SENIOR ANALYST
Darnell Savage, S, Maryland
Savage is one of the players whose on-field performances match his incredible workout numbers. He flies around the field, making plays in the run game and at the catch point where he could become a turnover machine at the next level. Savage has scheme diversity as he can play any role on the back end, but he may be best as a versatile coverage strong safety who thrives in a “robber” role in the middle of the field and plays over the slot in a zone-heavy system.

SAM MONSON – SENIOR ANALYST
Gary Jennings Jr., WR, West Virginia
Every West Virginia game seemed to feature a segment about the back story of David Sills, the former quarterback recruit-turned WR for the Mountaineers, but it was Gary Jennings Jr. that was the biggest playmaker in that offense. Jennings is a smooth route runner with the size (6-foot-2, 215-pounds) to make an impact at the next level inside or outside. Last season there were three games in which Will Grier had a perfect passer rating when targeting Jennings, and overall, that duo combined for a rating of 144.7 on the season.

GORDON MCGUINNESS – SENIOR ANALYST
Chase Winovich, Edge, Michigan
Winovich has the skillset to cause problems as an edge rusher in the NFL, and his college production speaks for itself. He produced back-to-back seasons with a PFF grade of 90.0 or higher in 2017 and 2018, and while his sack numbers dropped, he averaged pressure at a higher rate in 2018, with a sack, hit or hurry once every 6.5 pass-rushing attempts. He didn’t just beat up on poor opposition either, with his highest-graded pass-rushing games in 2018 coming against Penn State, Michigan State, Notre Dame, and Ohio State. He didn’t blow anyone away with his athletic testing at the combine (though his speed tests were impressive), but given that he likely slips into round two or beyond, I’ll back him to outperform multiple edge defenders who come off the board before him.

Read Complete List
[www.profootballfocus.com]
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

RamBill278April 24, 2019 04:22PM

PFF's 2019 NFL Draft fixes for all 32 NFL teams

RamBill111April 24, 2019 06:20PM