Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A few thoughts (and questions) as the draft draws near...

April 23, 2019 08:37AM
Where to start? Here’s my stream of consciousness effort...

Will Snead pick at 31 or will he trade down? I’m thinking he definitely trades down if he can find a partner picking high in the 2nd. Probably 60% likely to find a willing partner? Trading up seems extremely unlikely this year, but with Snead you never know for sure.

Philosophical question: Will Snead’s draft be focused on ‘19 or more focused on ‘20 and beyond? I’m guessing early picks will be for ‘19 but by the #99 pick in the 3rd and beyond they will be for the future.

Will our #31 be an OL? I don’t think so. There will be an OL (or 2) drafted, but not with that first pick.

A RB will surely be drafted, perhaps surprisingly high, but not as high as our first pick as has been suggested by some.

Our first pick could conceivably be one of perhaps 11 different positions. Conceivably is the operative word. My best guess is one of NT, DE, or Edge, depending on who falls. Seems like the best and likeliest intersection of talent and Ram need in players expected to be there.

Will a S be taken before a CB? Clearly, the Rams are interested in adding a S based upon visits.

I know that many have fallen in love with one of Lawrence or Simmons but I confess that either player at #31 would leave me mildly disappointed. One can’t help us in ‘19 and the other is a 2 down player with limited pass rush ability, hardly best next to AD, don’t you think?

Every year some blue chipper unexpectedly falls. Who will it be this year and will he fall all the way to the Rams?

How many trades will Snead make this year? Would 3 be a good over/under number? Lol. Snead winding up with 10 picks wouldn’t surprise me one bit.

How many picks will be on D players? Assuming no trades, I’m thinking it could be maybe 5 of 7. OL and a RB could be it for the O. Depends on whether Snead/McVay want to use a pick on a backup QB this year.

Can Snead find a CB gem in round 4 or later? Hopefully, he has a sleeper in that range with future starter potential.

My crystal ball is hinting that Snead adds DL, Edge, and interior OL with his first 3 picks, but in no particular order. All depends on who falls, of course, but as I said already, I’m leaning toward D players first.

I’m still trying to interpret what McVay meant when he said he was looking to add “explosive players”. Depends on one’s interpretation of the word “explosive”, I guess.

Well, all will be revealed starting this Thursday. Fun to speculate and discuss until then, though. Can’t hardly wait to get this draft thing started. Lol.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

A few thoughts (and questions) as the draft draws near...

Rams43169April 23, 2019 08:37AM