Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Noteboom feels prepared for larger role thanks to a season alongside his idols

March 27, 2019 01:34PM

Noteboom — the Rams top draft pick in 2018 (Round 3, No. 89) — appeared in all 16 games in of his rookie season, but played just seven percent of all snaps, making him the second-most called upon rook in McVay’s offense, but just by a smidge. He finished the year trailing undrafted wideout KhaDarel Hodge in snaps by fewer than one percentage point.

“I don’t see any disadvantages to sitting out a year, you’re maybe getting less experience on the field, but getting those practice reps was basically all I needed and that film work,” the rookie added. “I’d say it's more advantageous than disadvantageous.”

Noteboom’s noticed former center John Sullivan’s impressive football knowledge and film study, Saffold’s weight room work ethic, and Whitworth’s leadership on and off the field in year one. He says the combination of those examples of veteran, role-model guidance, along with offensive line coach Aaron Kromer’s focus on developing youth in McVay’s line — specifically when his proven veterans took their weekly rest day — has readied him for the playing field whenever his time comes.

Go to Full Article-
[www.therams.com]
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

RamBill334March 27, 2019 01:34PM