Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Phil Simms Game Comments

February 04, 2019 08:37PM
Phil Simms observations from the Game after watching live and reviewing the tape:

Goff took a beating...took a lot of big hits.

Pats practice under pressure...they learn to play under pressure....Pats are the best practice team he's observed.

A few weeks ago Simms said the Pats secondary was the best in the NFL....and that showed Sunday.

Their secondary matchups were tremendous and they are watching everything.... they had multiple spies on every play...the crossers....someone
was waiting for the crossers to come and they passed everyting off...it was terrific. You saw lurk, you saw man, you saw zone...that was the key to it
the combination coverages.....Goff was having trouble sorting through it......he was constantly under pressure, so that plays with your head....when
you start getting hit on every play....you expect to get hit...it speeds up the process....he did miss some reads....but as I watched it I pulled back
on how I wanted to judge Jared Goff....because it was rough out there for him and that defense really had a lot of questions for him...it's hard to answer
them when you're under pressure.

Danny Shelton was unblockable the first half....their defensive front was awesome...Hightower was everywhere.

The complexity of what the Pats do was incredible.

The Rams D up front was tremendous...I think their whole D played well....I thought they should of had NRC on Edelman more...he had the quickness to stay with him better than any of the other Rams DB's....they put Talib on him in the slot a few times....no chance. Edelman is a tough matchup and the design Josh McDaniels gives him makes him even tougher.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Phil Simms Game Comments

RamBill472February 04, 2019 08:37PM

source?

zn161February 04, 2019 08:45PM

Moving the Chains--Kirwan & Miller....nm

RamBill137February 04, 2019 09:01PM