Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Has McVay been targeting the Patriots from the start? Posted by rking4441...

January 30, 2019 07:47PM
Here’s rking4441...

Has McVay Been Targeting the Patriots From Day One?

You know since hearing more and more coverage for the Super Bowl and the history of the McVay/Belichick relationship it has me wondering, has McVay been targeting Belichick the whole time? I watched an interview where McVay spoke about the one time he coached against Belichick as the Redskins OC in 2014 I believe. The Pats crushed the Redskins and McVay talked about what he learned. The Redskins also had joint practices with the Patriots and he spoke about how they wasted no time, they were a well oiled machine even in practice.

Fast forward to being hired as the Rams HC. People talk about how McVay hires coach Phillips for his wisdom and vast experience but what if it was specifically for his success and experience against Belichick? They had AD and a talented D last year, which underperformed, but they knew they didn’t have the personnel to run Wade’s D the way he likes. This offseason they picked up Suh, Talib and Peters. Wade now had a complimentary to AD to create interior pressure which is the most effective against Brady. Talib and Peters gave Wade the flexibility he needed on the backend to be more aggressive on the front end. And last but now least was the Dante Fowler trade!!!! They picked up one of the edge rushers who has had enormous success against Brady!!! This D was made for a Tom Brady led Offense. I’m not saying they will shut the Patriots down, I’m saying this D was built for Tom Brady!

One more move, and possibly the most important, was the trade for Brandon Cooks! Now I know the Rams were in talks with Watkins but let the Chiefs “outbid” them. But then the Rams made the trade with the Patriots for Cooks. His contract is very similar to Watkins so how did the Rams get out bid?, they wanted Cooks alll along and gave Belichick an extra 6th rounder to seal the deal! Cooks is a bright articulate player who fit the needs of the Rams WR Corp. But what if the biggest reason to trade for Cooks was the information that he could provide for just this game? He knows what Brady likes and doesn’t like. He knows the limitations and tendencies of the other offensive players and DB as well! I know I’ve heard that the Pats have detailed information on Cooks, but he has information on the Patriots organization! What was their SB preparation schedule? Ask Brandon!!

I’d like to finish up by noting some of the distinct advantages the Rams have against the Patriots defense and how this all ties together. Bill Belichick is a defensive coach. Over the years the one thing you could count on is that Brady would produce and the Patriots defense would deliver. Looking back over the years one of the schemes that has been effective against the Patriots defenses is the zone run game which is the base for the Rams offensive. Combine that win all the shifts and motions that open up the play action. This has also been a weakness of the Patriots defense. The Rams biggest strengths happen to be the Patriots weaknesses! Is this by accident or design? It seems that coach McVay leaves very few stones unturned and is it a stretch to think he knew any sustained success meant being successful against the most dominate dynast in NFL history? Why think to dominate your Div or Conf if you couldn’t beat the Patriots? They’ve been the representative of the AFC 9 times since 2001!!! You would have to face them at some time to win a Super Bowl so aim high! Do you guys think I’m off base or is the passing of the torch about to happen and the start of a new dynasty about to begin?! Just remember what all his players say, Genius, and maybe we are just starting to see the depth of it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2019 07:48PM by Rams43.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Has McVay been targeting the Patriots from the start? Posted by rking4441...

Rams43607January 30, 2019 07:47PM

Re: Has McVay been targeting the Patriots from the start? Posted by rking4441...

Los Angeles Lenny187January 30, 2019 10:22PM

Re: Has McVay been targeting the Patriots from the start? Posted by rking4441...

Classicalwit164January 31, 2019 04:25AM

21Dog213January 31, 2019 05:24AM

Ohiorams134January 31, 2019 06:02AM

Rams4391January 31, 2019 07:34AM

MamaRAMa207January 30, 2019 10:47PM

David Deacon228January 31, 2019 01:09AM

Agreed Deacon

den-the-coach146January 31, 2019 02:54AM

Tony Romas271January 31, 2019 03:54AM

David Deacon103January 31, 2019 06:15AM

Wade's success against Belichick?

RamUK166January 31, 2019 04:54AM

Re: Wade's success against Belichick?

MamaRAMa140January 31, 2019 05:21AM