Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hilariously, things are only going to get worse for the Saints

January 23, 2019 05:11AM
The narrative they are telling themselves in their own heads is bad news for them. Almost to a man (maybe except Brees), their interviews express that they got robbed. They deserved to win. It belonged to them and it was unfairly taken from them. There is very little talk about how after they kicked the field goal to go up 23-20 they could have stopped the Rams by just manning up on defense. There is very little talk about how after they got the ball in OT they could have scored a TD to end it all. It's all about how they got robbed.

So, here's how it gets worse...

When they have to play us again next year as mutual #1 divisional seeds, what kind of negativity and bitterness do you think they bring to that game? I think, after pressure cooking all spring and summer, it's going to be nasty. With that chip on their shoulder, they're going to want to come in and mug our receivers and body slam Goff and whatever else. They are going to be pushing the envelope on personal fouls every single play.

Except, this time, it will be a regular season game. The officials won't swallow their whistles. I won't be surprised at all if they end up with 15 penalties for 100+ yards. And when it costs them the game, what do you think they'll be saying? "The refs screwed us again. The NFL just wants the Rams to win." etc. etc. etc.

lol3

(Of course, the bad news for the Rams is, I hope they don't go overboard and injure one of our guys....)
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Hilariously, things are only going to get worse for the Saints

EternalHorns410January 23, 2019 05:11AM