Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A fascinating post by BonifayRam about the Saints loss of Rankins.

January 14, 2019 04:00PM
Let me set the stage. This post was in a back and forth discussion with a Saints fan.

Here’s BonifayRam...

I love me some Orleans food & culture .....Sheldon Rankins is a seriously great DT for your 43 D. Loved him coming out of Louisville. You will miss him more than you think.:sneaky:

Yes, I will agree with you here, that the New Orleans Saints are smart & lucky to have defensive tackle like David Onyemata, who is a 3rd year pro who has just scratched the surface of his potential. Yes he can play but he is not yet close to a Rankins. I would think that next season Rankins will move over to the NT post & David Onyemata will move to the 3 tech to give your team an outstanding DT duo. I would not mind if we took your UFA NT Tyler Davison away from you guys in March to be in our DL interior rotation in 2019.

[www.nfl.com]

Your teams main problem & issue is going to be in replacing the depth your DL lost with Rankins injury. Your DC is going to have to stop McVays new running offensive onslaught up your gut of your defense. Saints have only one NT in reserve & thats UDFA Taylor Stallworth. You have no other back up to Onyemata @ 3 tech...ZERO. You're going to have to find & sign one. You now main reserve Stallworth has a big weakness that he is & can be engulfed by an OL's forceful down blocks...plus he has no pass rush game . The Rams OL does have a smooth forceful operating unit working the down block scheme very well..:whistle:just ask the Cowboys DL.

One more thing is DE Cameron Jordan did not have a good day against the Eagles RT Johnson. He had little impact at all 1 tackle that's it. Our RT Rob Havenstein is a better overall RT than Eagles Johnson is. Rob handled Jordan in the first game well enough no sacks or hits permeated & TE Tyler Higbee has been on a terror lately working over those Left DE's he blocking.

OC John Sully is a wise well-seasoned veteran should be able to out-think & handle your raw but talented 3 tech DT. He will have some help with our shortest OL'er guy 6-2 300 pounder Austin Blythe who came into the NFL the same yr as your 6-4 300 lbs Onyemata.

But you might want to rethink:thinking: a bit here where in your post above you lead me to believe you are considering comparisons of the Eagles RB's ....35 yr old Darren Sproles who rushed for 4 yds, rookie Josh Adams who zero yds & Wendell Smallwood who had 33 yds are in the same class :ROFLMAOyawning smileyf what your team will face this upcoming Sunday the 3 headed monster of Gurley/ Anderson/ Kelly.winking smiley
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

A fascinating post by BonifayRam about the Saints loss of Rankins.

Rams43356January 14, 2019 04:00PM

This got me so freaking pumped

Ram_Ruler86January 14, 2019 07:47PM