Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A simply outstanding “Random Thoughts” post by Wildflecken...

December 25, 2018 07:57AM
Here’s Wildflecken...

Random Thoughts

1.) Power football returned yesterday. Anderson was a huge pick up by Snead and addresses the huge loss of Malcolm Brown. The ability of an offense to run the football is a MUST for success in December football.

Not only was the loss of Malcolm Brown huge but the timing could not of been worse. We saw what happens in Chicago when an offense becomes one dimensional this time of the season.

2.) Yesterday should remind all Sean McVay has the most versatile offensive playbook in the entire league. The Sean McVay offense uses concepts from all of three of the modern era designs, Air Coryell, West Coast and Erhardt-Perkins and meshes these concepts with designs used in today's college game. I remind all Sean McVay is indeed an offensive genius and I fully expect McVay's impact on how offense is played in this game moving forward to lead to the pundits coining a fourth modern era offense with his name in the title.

Those who wondered why McVay went with the 3 wide package against Chicago, well it was answered yesterday. Loss of Brown, inexperience of the depth behind Gurley and Brown, and the need to enter the playoffs with a healthy Todd Gurley. If the Brown injury does not happen, I can state factually we would of seen many of the offensive play calls in the Chicago contest we saw yesterday with the addition of Anderson.

The Anderson addition, Kelly now having some experience to his resume equals Rams/McVay has full offensive playbook available if they have to go on road during the playoffs. Rams are now confident they can beat any opponent, in any venue, bank on it.

3.) Rams being able to dial up the power running attack had a very positive impact on both the play of Goff and performance of the offensive line yesterday. Offensive lineman love to run block and we have seen many a qb this season struggle when thier offense is one dimensional.

If there was a positive to be derived from the 2 game losing streak it was the significance it highlighted for Jared to improve his game when under pressure. There is still work to be done, but at least Jared has some film to utilize to correct his personal deficiencies.

4.) The only thing this Ram fan wants this holiday season? A return to full health for Todd Gurley come playoff time. Lets hope Anderson and Kelly have another repeat performance in Week 17 and their play leads this team to victory. The bye is important to allow Gurley the rest needed. Kyle Shanahan would love nothing more than to end his season with a W agains the Sean McVay coached Rams. They will not lay down, they will pull out all stops for the W as they have nothing to lose. Expect the unexpected in thier approach next week.

5.) Aaron Donald just may be the greatest DT to ever play the game.

6.) My concerns moving forward:
a) the health of Todd Gurley, the best rb in the entire league.
b) The issues this defense continues to display concerning fundamentals, most notably at the linebacker position. If Wade returns next season I expect some changes amongst his staff. I wont call out names but two of the defensive coaches have not impressed me with their approach in readying the talent hey have been given.

Go Rams!
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

A simply outstanding “Random Thoughts” post by Wildflecken...

Rams43781December 25, 2018 07:57AM

Thanks 43!

ABQRam305December 25, 2018 08:22AM

Re: Thanks 43!

Rams43229December 25, 2018 08:25AM

Re: Thanks 43!

David Deacon153December 26, 2018 03:13AM

cards defense, bears defense, SF defense...

wv ram264December 26, 2018 03:30AM

Re: cards defense, bears defense, SF defense...

RamsFootballFans.com202December 26, 2018 04:08AM

motivations

wv ram246December 26, 2018 05:37AM

Giants ran the ball down bears throat in 2nd half of their game

Hazlet Hacksaw253December 26, 2018 05:47AM

Re: A simply outstanding “Random Thoughts” post by Wildflecken...

Steve245December 26, 2018 10:33AM