Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A few thoughts/observations

December 10, 2018 07:15AM
The Bears D was not elite, or even close to it. If Goff had hit every open and semi-open receiver available as he has been doing we'd have won this game comfortably imho.

Similarly, I'm not sure our D played as good as many think.

Some people have said that they played well other than the run D. Well that is half the game and like Goff made the Bears D look good, Trubisky made ours look good.

I doubt there have been many games this season in the NFL where the combined QB play was so bad.

As bad as Goof played (and he was woeful), Trubisky may have been even worse.

I don't like Josh Reynolds. No effort on the interception and had an easy 1st down late on that he blew. I think he has concentration issues and that cannot be fixed.

McVay looked concerned VERY early on. I haven't seen that with him before. Very curious.

I think this game was a perfect #@*^ storm and been coming for some time. You cannot keep winning games narrowly like we have without one flipping the other way from time to time. And I'd rather it happen now and we learn from it.

I trust McVay. It's so easy to pile on a HC from the comfort of our own living room, but I bet the fans of 25+ other teams would happily swap him for their current HC. He'll be studying the tape from that game until his eyes bleed looking for ways to improve.

We can see this as a disaster, especially if we now don't get HFA, or we can see it as a massive learning opportunity and a chance to see what the character of this team is like.

I'll take the latter.

There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

A few thoughts/observations

RamUK335December 10, 2018 07:15AM

Re: Now that's an interesting observation...

dzrams134December 10, 2018 08:27AM

Nah

RamUK129December 10, 2018 09:00AM

Nah

RamUK79December 10, 2018 09:03AM

We can pile on and still be glad we have him

Hazlet Hacksaw107December 10, 2018 08:27AM

Re: A few thoughts/observations

kfriel106December 10, 2018 09:13AM