Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Review of my Keys to the Win vs. KC...

November 21, 2018 10:39AM
Here is a revisit of my keys to victory...some good...some not so good...

1. Score on 70% of red zone opportunities (our season average is 56.60%) --- this is not a game to make Zuerlein a hero for kicking 37 yard or less FGs (well...it was not quite 70% but it was close enough...66.6%)
2. Sack Mahomes 4+ times (I originally had 3 but amended to 4...AD's strips makes up for shortage!)
3. Gurley runs for 100+ yards and at least 2 TDs (that didn't go so well)
4. Keep Kansas City below 150 yards rushing (including Mahomes yards) --- is that asking too much? (actually under 100...but we know why!)
5. Make a big special teams play or timely turnover for a score or leading to an easy score (this times 3!!!)

Bonus

5a. Get off the field on third down at a higher rate than Kansas City (it was comparable...Rams 4 punts...Chiefs 3...however turnovers +3)
5b. Don't let Tyrek Hill have a career night. (Oh well...)

I cannot emphasize enough the importance of improving on the red zone this week. Watch McVay's play calling between Kansas City's 30-15 yard line...our success here will get us to 70%...if not, we will be stuck at 56% and find it very difficult to win. We seem to have tremendous success when we have 1st and 10 from inside the 15 or 1st and goal.

Overall...I say a B.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Review of my Keys to the Win vs. KC...

jemach185November 21, 2018 10:39AM