Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Good Morning Football

November 21, 2018 03:24AM
THAT, friends, was delectable.
I have yet to see the game on TV.
Talking to Rampage by phone yesterday (both our voices sound like whisky drinkers as left them in the stands - gladly - Monday night) and he was effusive about how much there was to feast on by watching the teleplay.

Peter Schrager just highlighted the draft class from last year in his breakdown of why the Rams are so good.
He gave great props to Les, and Sean on the way there, too.

And the tape doesn't lie

Highlights
Josh Reynolds
Next man up. And the tape? Wow. The Corner has a full chunk of jersey as Josh breaks to the corner of the endzone and makes a superb play for the TD
Peter suggesting that Josh has upstaged Kupp, and is clearly the number 3......well there's a rash comment, but what's not to love.

John Johnson
Johnson's play on Hunt to keep him out of the endzone was colossal. While that play did happen at our end of the field, it was at the far side. Seeing the speed that was involved in chasing Hunt to far edge, and using the angle to close the gap was eye popping. The segment cut away too soon, but showed an amazing bust up by Johnson on what I think was a play to Kelce

Samson Ebukam
Most all have seen this game on TV, so you've already lived the moments. Afforded the amazing angles provided by the additional cameras of MNF, Samson's combo play with Aaron Donald takes on a whole new life. Samson's night was clearly stunning, and the breakdown by our posters of perhaps why the presence of Fowler gave #50 a showcase game gave some extra color. In hindsight, the strip sack by AD, and Samson's scoop score was tectonic plates smashing together play. Among so many pivotal plays, this one really stands out. Not a fan of the color rush, but on TV this stuff was spectacular mixed with the white Chiefs.

I must have come in late on the segment because they didn't give me Everett's recap.
So much to get worked up about, and I've got the game recording today to watch tonight.
Goff is stronger this year, with better touch, and vision that is extraordinary. Again, and again the kid finding the open player.

Some serious love for the tight ends on the Rams last scoring drive. Tyler Higbee, might not have the football world marveling at his work, but the man has a highlight tape for the season worth reviewing. A catch near midfield, no easy snag, and getting the feet down? Nice. A+ cuz he gets out of bounds. McVay chirping at the ref about adding time to the clock. Then another quick hit, and tougher catch, against the Chiefs side of the field; Setting up a first down at the 40 of the Chiefs. I'll admit right here. O' YE OF LITTLE FAITH. I didn't think we'd figure out how to get to the endzone.

Then, the formation. They send out Gerald Everett, split him out wide right with single coverage. What I did get right? Told the kid, "There going deep to Everett" OMG. OMG. Completely stupefied. Truly. In a game with a lot of big plays, to me, that was the ultimate shocker.

In a game of monumental plays, the NFL moving the extra point marker back added a whole bunch of drama to the outcome of games.

Oh boy I am looking forward to seeing the entire re-broadcast tonight.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Good Morning Football

leafnose393November 21, 2018 03:24AM

Re: Good Morning Football

oldschoolramfan138November 21, 2018 06:51AM

ESPN's "Get Up" was great yesterday too....

Rampage2K-150November 21, 2018 07:52AM