Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ok thinking caps on here - Are the Rams too married to play action?

November 13, 2018 07:12AM
rewatching the game I heard Romo say "When you know the Rams are passing you can get to the QB"

I mentioned a couple of weeks ago how almost everything the Rams do is based off of that action

Is the Rams action also protecting Whitworth? Covering up his struggles with speed rushers? Also the Rams running that 31 formation almost exclusively as a base. Does McVay do this because the Rams aren't physical enough to run 2 TE sets and run the ball down teams throats

In the last several weeks the oline has looked very leaky... I would need to go back but how many of those sacks have come off of strait drops backs when a team knew the Rams were going to throw?

I think McVay not only has gotten the most out of some of these players but hes also very good at hiding weaknesses or limitations

It also appears to me that Cooks and less so Woods as good as they are can be muscled around. One of the things I am most looking forward to is to see how McVay integrates Reynolds and yes Hodge who are much bigger WRs than what we currently have on the outside.

This is going to be interesting

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2018 07:13AM by Speed_Kills.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Ok thinking caps on here - Are the Rams too married to play action?

Speed_Kills169November 13, 2018 07:12AM

Play action by its nature is harder to defend.

RockRam69November 13, 2018 08:32AM

Re: Ok thinking caps on here - Are the Rams too married to play action?

Rams4365November 13, 2018 08:39AM

Re: and about that Saints game

Speed_Kills111November 13, 2018 08:46AM

Re: and about that Saints game

Rams4379November 13, 2018 08:49AM

Till the O is slowed down consistently? It's fine. It's almost like asking..

Ramgator52November 13, 2018 08:54AM