Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Couple of things that really impressed from the Seahawk game...

October 09, 2018 07:24AM
I haven’t re-watched yet, but here’s a few things that I think were quite impressive about how Rams handled adversity in that game.

They kinda slipped by without great notice because of the excitement at the time, but after reflection are worthy of comment, I think.

In no particular order, here goes...

Robert Woods seamlessly moved over to play Kupp’s position after the injuries to Cooks and Kupp. The important thing here is that it was seamless, which enabled McVay/Goff to keep calling the same plays. Isn’t it impressive that Woods apparently knows all 3 WR positions? I mean, we’ve had WR’s that couldn’t even master ONE position here on this roster recently. No need to name names because there were a handful of them. Cough, cough...

Kudos to Reynolds and Hodge for positively responding when thrown into the fire without notice. Again, their preparedness enabled McVay/Goff to stay with their gameplan playbook. That’s no small thing. Many a WR from most teams would have required some dialing back and consequently would have made the D’s job easier. Speaks very well of both the respective players and their coaches.

Corey Littleton has grown into a beast. Damn, he’s everywhere! Blocking punts, batting passes, pass D, run D, good instincts, sure tackler. What a UDFA find by Snead! Pinch me!

Gotta mention both Goff and Gurley here. When things were going sideways with the injuries, ref calls, freak plays, crowd noise, headset issues, etc, these 2 captains kept their cool and just kept doing their respective things. That’s leadership, y’all. Not a tangible thing that one can see on replay, yet it’s the glue that kept the O focused when they were being mightily stressed. We are sooooo lucky to have both of these guys.

So many other players stepped up as well, but I think the above mentioned players deserve belated but warm recognition now that the adrenaline has dissipated. Great prep for the playoffs ahead, huh?
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Couple of things that really impressed from the Seahawk game...

Rams43606October 09, 2018 07:24AM

Re: Great thoughts! Thanks :) nm

embraceable_ewe83173October 09, 2018 08:10AM

I need to re-watch it

shellback318October 09, 2018 08:26AM

Here's a negative, Joyner has been invisible..

max291October 09, 2018 08:32AM

yeah...Joyner was a real stunner to me this year!!!!

SunTzu_vs_Camus316October 09, 2018 08:58AM

Re: I saw that too

Speed_Kills289October 09, 2018 09:09AM

Re: Here's a negative, Ebukam has been invisible..

LoboRam222October 09, 2018 12:44PM

Re: a couple of things to your things

Speed_Kills327October 09, 2018 09:17AM

Re: Here's what showed up IMHO...."WE NOT ME."

oldschoolramfan250October 09, 2018 09:32AM

You missed a big point...

jemach204October 09, 2018 04:43PM