Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

McVay: Barron, Zuerlein and Jojo could return Sunday vs. Seahawks

October 01, 2018 11:56AM
Sean McVay shared some disappointing news regarding Dominique Easley on Monday, saying he underwent another surgery on his knee and is likely to be placed on IR. That would effectively end his season, and potentially his career in Los Angeles.

Where there was bad news, however, there was also some good news. McVay said the Rams could get three key players back on Sunday against the Seahawks, two of which are on special teams.

He said “there’s a chance” Greg Zuerlein could be ready to go this week in Seattle after he missed three games due to a groin injury suffered pre-game in Week 2.

“That’s something that’s very encouraging. He had a workout yesterday, did a great job. Like anything else, got a little fatigued toward the end, but there is a possibility that Greg could be ready to go,” McVay said Monday.

Zuerlein was originally given a three-to-six-week timetable for return, but he appears to be on the shorter end of that projection, which is great news for the Rams. Sam Ficken has struggled in his place, so Zuerlein can’t get back soon enough – though Los Angeles certainly doesn’t want to risk re-injury.

Mark Barron, who hasn’t played at all this season, could also play on Sunday and make his 2018 debut. He practiced for the first time last Wednesday on a limited basis and is making enough progress to potentially play this week.

Email
you@domain.com
Like this article?
Sign up for the Rams Wire email newsletter to get our top stories in your inbox every morning

“We’re encouraged, we’re looking forward to seeing how he progresses this week and there’s a possibility that he could be ready to go and that’s something we’re going to continue to evaluate as the week progresses,” he said. “But this was always a target date that we had set to really get a chance to truly evaluate him knowing that we had those four games in a short time span. This week provides an opportunity to evaluate him and if we can get Mark back out on the field, we’ll feel good about that.”

(Photo by Sean M. Haffey/Getty Images)

Barron has been battling a lingering Achilles injury suffered last season and missed just about the entire offseason. McVay said previously that it’s a difficult injury to predict, so there’s nothing certain about his return, but this is definitely encouraging news.

Also on the injury front, JoJo Natson could return after breaking his hand against the Chargers. He underwent surgery on his hand after it occurred and has made good progress, so McVay says “there’s a possibility” he’ll be active this week against the Seahawks.

The injury occurred on his left hand, which is his non-dominant hand, so that would seem to help his chances, as well.

RFS69
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

McVay: Barron, Zuerlein and Jojo could return Sunday vs. Seahawks

RamsFanSince69520October 01, 2018 11:56AM

Legatron would be huge

RamsFanSince69229October 01, 2018 12:18PM

I say no to Greg...

roman18243October 01, 2018 12:35PM

Re: I say no to Greg...

Ramsdude182October 01, 2018 12:44PM

I'm saying....leave Greg alone....we should be scoring TD's against the hawks...

roman18157October 01, 2018 12:56PM

LMU93225October 01, 2018 12:59PM

We are going to that game......

roman18176October 01, 2018 01:14PM

If we can go 3-1 against the Hawks...

JamesJM175October 01, 2018 01:26PM

Rams43127October 01, 2018 03:40PM

Here's something I don't understand

NewMexicoRam200October 01, 2018 03:22PM

of course the should be careful but

shellback166October 01, 2018 08:19PM

How do you break your hand, and then return to fielding kicks in two weeks??? (nm.)

EternalHorns112October 01, 2018 07:10PM