Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

An excellent Viking replay post by TexasRam...

September 29, 2018 07:27PM
Here’s TexasRam...

I am a Night guy so stayed up to rewatch our Badass game tonight. Here are my observations after watching, rewinding and replaying every play a few times.

1. As posted in another thread - Goff had one incaccurate pass all night. Simply incredible.

2 But Maybe better than the accuracy was the 5 throw aways when nothing was there. Having an attacking fearless throwers mentality while also knowing when to throw it away is very hard to find in a QB.

3. We may have three 1000 yard 10 TD WR's this year. Kupp, Woods and Cooks are all over 300 yards in 4 games and on pace for over 1200 yards each. Kupp on pace for 16 TD, Woods with 12 and Cooks only with 1 TD so far but could easily catch up the pace with the way this offense is now operating.

4. The Rams offensive line is simply Awesome. I can't remember any offensive line in the NFL that is so assignment sound in both the run and pass. Each one of them had a moment when they were individually beat on a play leading to a pressure or sack or throw away, but Goff nicely compensates for these mishaps with his throw aways and quick reactions in the pocket.

5 By Rule there cannot be defensive pass interference on a defender on a fake punt that results in a throw down the field. I was originally pissed at Reynolds for not doing his best Brandin Cooks acting job impression but it wouldn't have mattered. But yes he should have at least tried to catch the ball.

6 Donald is in game shape. Even if he didn't have the two sacks, this would have been a dominating performance. Its hard to catch this during live action, but when you rewatch the tape carefully its clear he is in the backfield immediately every play.

7 Franklin-Myers - Great forced fumble to seal the game. But watch the tape and you will see he is very slow to the QB. I don't see him as a long term solution as an edge rusher the way they are trying to use him. He does provide power to collapse the pocket but doesn't have the quickness to be a force in this league. Sorry, just watch the tape and you will see.

8 Ebukam - Good speed and quickness but still getting engulfed by tackles on the edge. Its a problem.

9 Christian - Huge Liability in pass coverage. Yes we love his big hits but unless he can get better real fast he's gonna find his way back to a depth only guy. We gave up 400 yards passing and he is a big part of the problem. Watch the tape.

10 Ramik Wilson - See Christian but worse. Don't even know where to start. Looks like he is running in mud trying to cover underneath routes some times, and he doesn't offer much in run support.

11 Barron - Need him back ASAP. The knack for the blitz and the underneath coverage he offers is critical.

12 Shields- Got beat a few times but made some plays too showcasing that Pro Bowl talent from a few years ago. I think the Talib injury is a blessing in disguise because Shields just needs so reps to get back to his tip top form.

13 A gap Blitz - Watching Littleton show blitz in the A gap and then bail every play is annoying. How about let him actually press the A gap. Either he gets a sack or Frees the double team on Donald. I saw a delay blitz from him one time but the timing was off and he delayed too long it appeared.

14 How to fix the Defense:
A. We need an edge rusher. Maybe Obo is that guy, maybe one of these other rookies on the practice squad can be tried. Maybe we bring some old retired dude in like Atlanta did with Dwight Freeney or the Steelers with old man James Harrison.
B. As already stated Christian and Wilson need to be replaced. Barron and someone else. My vote is Kiser.

15 Kirk Cousins - He had one hell of a game.Throws in between defenders on multiple occasions. Props to the job he did.

16 What a time to be a RAM FAN!!!!!!!! This offense is now in full effect and rivals the GSOT. Most "experts" are now considering us the best team in the NFL.

17 David Carr shut the hell up- It was so nice to see Carr on the postgame on the NFL Network admit how good Goff is. Of course he picked his brother before the season to his top 10 QB list and left Goff off the top 10 list. Sucks to admit you are wrong but you had to do exactly that tonight.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

An excellent Viking replay post by TexasRam...

Rams43303September 29, 2018 07:27PM